1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Help: SoyMilk in INdia?

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by Dilchahtahai, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Dilchahtahai

Dilchahtahai Senior IL'ite

Hello Ladies,
    I am going to travel to India in march with my 2 year old DS. He has never been to India. He is allergic to Dairy and Eggs. He drinks Silk Soymilk. I wanted to know if it is available in India now. I am worried i would have to carry a 3 weeks supply from here. He would not be able to survive with his Soy Milk. We would be going to Mumbai. Do you know which stores it would be available in?
    Also, are there any other precautions I should take before we start(specifically to DS). We would mostly eat at home. Due to his allergies, DS would always eat homemade food.
    Any advice is helpful.
    Thanks,
    Delmommy

2. advitha

advitha Silver IL'ite

Its better to pop in a crate of soymilk in your luggage along with other items as its a "need". Better safe than sorry. I'm pretty sure that Mumbai kind of places will definitely have them in some departmental stores but why take risk.

-Uma

3. Nittu

Nittu Senior IL'ite

You can take Soy protein powders which are available in walmart. For example there is a brand EAS soy protein, which has both vanilla and chocolate powders,which can be made to shakes in few minutes.

4. soku

soku New IL'ite

Hi,

Just saw ur mail and wanted to let you know that now a days u get soymilk everywhere in india. i live in chennai..and my son is lactose intolerant and i give him soy milk.

you get differnt flavours here- natural, original mango, malt, cholate and many more. so hopefully u will not ahve a problem and will have a good stay here.

5. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

dear friend,

Dont worry. It is available in tetra packs in all malls. food bazar, fresh etc are having it. There are plain as well as flavoured also. I like soya milk to drink cold.

ganges

6. anandisub

anandisub New IL'ite

Hi,
    My son is in the same situation. You get soymilk everywhere even in smaller towns like Tanjavur and parts of Kerala. I took cartons from here but even though they were tetrapak, some of them had gone bad, quite possibly due to change in outside temperatures. So I would ask your relatives you'll be staying with to get some for you before you reach and then look for it in supermarkets.

Don't worry!

7. mandyyy

mandyyy New IL'ite

you can try some other brands of soy milk ... its also hel u , india provides a lot of good branded soy milk ..like sydney soy milk is one of them ..contact them nd chk whether they are provided near by the places where you want to go to india....