1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Help required to fix kids birthday menu

Discussion in 'Birthday Party Planning' started by RamyaSridhar1978, Apr 11, 2013.

1. RamyaSridhar1978

RamyaSridhar1978 Gold IL'ite

Hi friends
    I will be shortly celebrating my kids birthday at home . Need help to fix up the menu. Guest list has mostly kids bw 3-4 few older. I need to fix something keeping in mind the parents too something which both can enjoy I donot wsh to buy separate things . I am planning to order things out please suggest ...
    What I had in my mind was .well I need vegetarian menu since we are vegetarians .
    1) cake2) chocolates 3) wafers/Chips 4) samosa
    Is it ok .. Can I replace samosa with something else ?
    Your suggestions
    Ramya

2. SPatel2008

SPatel2008 Senior IL'ite

Hey,

What time is your party? I hope it’s not around lunch or dinner time as I think the menu you intent might not satisfy hunger of all kids.

I would not put chocolates on menu. Esp some kids get hyper after chocolates so leave it till end… you can include this as part of leaving gift.

I am not sure if all kids will be able to eat samosas? Have you checked that? I mean a lot of 3- 4 year old might not be able to eat it or might not fancy samosas.

How about having mini pizzas? I am sure supermarkets in UAE sell them. All you need to do is to bake them in oven. OR sandwich? You can easily prepare plain cheese sandwich or vegetable sandwich at home. OR can you make potato pakora or potato bhajia at home? Shouldn’t take long and both kids & adults will like it.

3. nandhini4

nandhini4 Bronze IL'ite

4. Kungumam

Kungumam Gold IL'ite

You can add some kind of juice...
    One option instead of samosa is aloo bonda which you can easily make at home...

5. Cuteprincess

Cuteprincess Silver IL'ite

I see its not a dinner party. You can add cooldrinks/chocolate drinks/icecream.

Samosa is a better idea for adults. But I dont think kids wud like it. Or you can go for Mini samosas/veg puff/bread rolls/spring rolls/ garlic bread

6. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Lot of kids love frech fries. If you want to replace samosas, you can do that with french fries.

7. manjubashini

manjubashini IL Hall of Fame

For my son's last year birthday my homemade menu was this Baked donuts,i prepared before day itself, healthier version of mini pizzas, cup sweet corn its almost favourite of all kids, fruit custard, cake, Softdrinks. And this menu was a hit among kids. Hope you might may get choice to mix and match with your own menu.

Convey my Advance birthday wishes to your son.

8. preeti22

preeti22 Junior IL'ite

hey i think pizza can be a great option.. kids also like french fries. n what about sandwiches??
    so i guess you can choose your party menu from list: pizza, french fries, sandwiches,kofta,cold drinks (or may be fruit juice),cupcakes..

9. yellowsunflower

yellowsunflower Bronze IL'ite

Hi.. You can add Smileys or French fries, Cake that you cut for the Bday kid (Obviously), Have some light snack like Noodles/pasta and if you prefer a easy to prepare Sweet (Rava Kesari) and ofcourse a juice or a milk shake.. It will make kids stomach full and they can play together for sometime.. Please avoid Samosa kids of 3-4 for sure cant enjoy it..

10. neelamkukreja

neelamkukreja Junior IL'ite

If you are not on tight budget, scrap this menu. This is not impressive; neither to kids nor to adults. The menu should be;

1. Cake and ice cream. You may give away chocolates as kids leave your party
    2. Noodles (no kid will be able to resist this)
    3. Order pizzas; both kids and parents are going to enjoy it like anything
    4. Samosa are OK but can be replaced by French fries.