help regarding medical field

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by ssmommy, May 24, 2010.

1. ssmommy

ssmommy New IL'ite

I am a stay at home mom. I am thinking of getting some education in health care side. But I do not have any background in medical field(i am an engineering graduate). Any suggestions on any good course( bachelors or associate degrees) that is in demand and have decent salary.
    The community college near by offers a Health Information technology degree which I am interested in. Is it worth the time and effort? Does anybody have any useful info regarding the same.
    Please share any info in health careers.

2. neha1

neha1 Silver IL'ite

Hi ssmommy,

Congragulations on thinking of pursuing education. I do not have much knowledge of health care related jobs/careers. But, I think a health care IT degree does sound lucrative as it combines Engineering and Medical field. But, I guess you will find a job easily in any field if you have a GC or you are a USC. Otherwise, A.S (associate) degrees may not help much. Nevertheless, this is a good step to get a 'feel' of health care domain and later ,if you have interest and oppurtunity, then you can pursue a higher degree too.
    I am noticing one thing here, there are many of us wanting to change our careers/education field:thumbsup
    Good Luck.

Last edited: May 24, 2010