1. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Liked anything that you read here? You may nominate it as the Finest Posts!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Help Regarding getting Job in School

Discussion in 'Indians in Eastern Province' started by Nisha1234, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Nisha1234

Nisha1234 New IL'ite

Hello All,

Can anybody help me with knowing the details for getting a job in school. I am from India and my hubby will soon be coming to Al-Jubail, so I was thinking to join a school.

Please help me with this.

Thanks in Advance.

2. fiza555

fiza555 New IL'ite

Hiii Nisha,

i am living in riyadh frm the past 2 yrs.n i too worked in a school here. this is how i approached to find this job.

firstly, find out what all schools u have in ur place either by google or by asking neighbours/friends.
    secondly,find the website of that school through google n email ur resume/u may also go n submit the resume by hand in the school.

Prepare a nice resume which is suitable for a teacher's job. and mention which subjects n grades(lower or higher) u want to take up.
    Go prepared to give a demo of any topic of the subject u wanna teach./ just chk in the school's website if they want the demo on any particular topic.

Also find out frm neighbours/friends about the rough salary a teacher can get., so dat u can negotiate while joining. in riyadh it is min. 2200 SR/month. i dont have an idea about jubail.

ALL THE BEST.

Live Life & Love Life,
    Fiza.

3. muf123

muf123 New IL'ite

hi Fiza,
    iam mufy from riyadh,thanks for ur detail reply,i too need a job in riyadh.iam a deploma holder in computer engineering,i want a teaching job,.Everyone ask for degree,post graduation and experiance ,i dnt have a well experiance,but iam confident to do.do you know any
    possibilities to get a teaching job for me?...pls do reply

regards mufy

4. fiza555

fiza555 New IL'ite

hi mufy,

yeah, many of the schools ask for a degree.
    well, i can suggest u one thing then.

Opt for teaching computers in school. coz, subject-wise a diploma in comp. engg. is more than enough to teach the kids atleast upto grade 10 & u can try 2 convince this point to the school.

& if they deny after that also, tell them just to see a demo of urs in front of the computer teachers of the school. the computer dept. staff might give positive feedback about u ,if u do good in the demo.

coming to the experience part, just write in ur resume that u took tutions for kids in computers (taught things like MS-office, html,photoshop,etc,etc)
    after u finishd diploma.

but dont write fake experiences like u workd in school or something coz they ll ask u to produce a exp. certificate for that.

this is the perfect time 2 try 4 a teaching job, coz the academic year has just started.so dont lose hope.

keep trying n keep smiling.

Love Life & Live Life,
    Fiza.

5. muf123

muf123 New IL'ite

hi fiza,
    u gave me verygood information ,iam so happy and thank you so mach....
    ur encouragment made me a positive energy,I will do my best...
    bye