Help! Query(I) reg stay in kualalumpur

Discussion in 'New to KL' started by swethakalyanee, Apr 13, 2009.

1. swethakalyanee

swethakalyanee New IL'ite

Hi,

I’m likely to travel to <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Malaysia</st1:place></st1:country-region> ( Kualalumpur) with my husband and a one year old baby. We will be living there for about an year or more. I have already made a travel checklist for the baby and us.

I Would want valuable inputs from you, experienced travelers/ dwellers in <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Malaysia</st1:place></st1:country-region> regarding the following

1. What are the most important things that I need to bring in along with me (Both for the baby and for us)
    (like Something which we can't easily buy/ get in <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">Malaysia</st1:country-region></st1:place>)

2. Medical systems / procedures that are to be done as soon as we arrive in Kualalumpur.

3. Paediatricians/ Children hospitals around the below given areas.

« JALAN TUN PERAK , 50050 KUALA LUMPUR «
    « JALAN MELAKA, 50100 KUALALUMPUR »

I shall be posting some more queries regarding our stay in Kualalumpur. Looking forward to your help in the form of your valuable replies.

Thanks,

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009

2. jasgeorge

jasgeorge New IL'ite

Hi Swetha
    Just read your query. Not to worry, there are lots of shops in Brickfields which is not too far from Jln Tun Perak selling all Indian products. Just behind Jln Tun Perak is Jalan Masjid India and there too you can get most of the things you'll need. Lots of Vegetarian Restaurants too.
    There are a few Indian Temples in Brickfields. From Jln Tun Perak you can go to Jln Pudu and there too is a famous Indian temple.
    There are quite a few paediatricians and hospitals not too far from Jln Tun Perak. Jln Tun Perak is right in the middle of the city.
    Where will you be staying in Kuala Lumpur?
    Regards
    Jas

3. swethakalyanee

swethakalyanee New IL'ite

Hi Jas,

Much thanks for your reply. I'm glad to hear that there are lots of shops where we could get indian stuff esp veg. items.

My hubby's office is located in Jalan tun perak. We have planned to rent an appartment somewhere near that area. So, as of now we're not sure where exactly we'll settle down in KL.

Could you also tell me where I could get nice and neat rented apartments (probably 2 bed room ones) in KL?

Thanks,

4. jasgeorge

jasgeorge New IL'ite

Swetha, again I suggest Brickfields. Many Indian expatriates live here. Very close to city centre (Jln Tun Perak). The apartments are all located within walking distance to the shopping area. Rentals depend on your budget. There are the very expensive and well maintained ones with security and swimming pool and lower range ones. You can engage the help of an estate agent and also check with your husband's office in Malaysia.
    One more thing, travelling to work from Brickfields will not be a problem for your husband as the main train station is situated in Brickfields. The train from Brickfields stops at Masjid Jamek station - Jln Tun Perak. So convenient ya!
    Regards.
    Jas

5. ruby1952003

ruby1952003 New IL'ite

hi iam not giving you any help.but just saying that we went to Malaysia for 4 days ,it was fantastic trip.wish you allthe best in Malaysia:)

6. sdeeparekha

sdeeparekha New IL'ite

Hi All,

My situation is very very similar to that of Shwetha, Just that my hubby's office is in Jalan travers, KL Sentral. Can u kindly suggest a similar reply for me??

@Shwetha- Can u pls share ur chklist with me as i'm due to travel by july!!!

Thanks,
    Deepa

7. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi deepa,

As suggested before, Brickfields should suit all your needs. And if your husbands office is in KL Sentral, then it might me even walking distance from your house.. or a very short travel to office..

Goodluck..