1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Help pls..Self Maketips for marriage at Tirupati

Discussion in 'Cosmetics & Makeups' started by ransree, Jun 22, 2010.

1. ransree

ransree Bronze IL'ite

Hi.. My marriage is fixed in September at Tirupati.. I plan NOT TO opt for a beautician.. My friends and my relatives will help me for the make over..Can all the experts over here suggest me what I can do.. what all i should buy and keep.. what products required for makeup.. and for jadai? :crazy

2. LakshmiMohan

LakshmiMohan Gold IL'ite

Hi Ransree,

All the best for your wedding :),start preparation from now onwards.

1.Drink milk daily(Avoid coffee tea,can have green tea)
    2.Do some physical excercises
    3.Avoid oil in food
    4.Have apple and carrot daily to get glow of body
    5.Have more fruits than rice or snacks(I mean less rice and snacks)
    6.Drink more than 8 Glass water daily
    7.Dream well(I know you will be doing that now)
    8.Have a handful of nuts
    9.Do oil massage to hair once in a week
    10.Sleep for 8 Hrs minimum
    11.Do facial once in a month

Check this thread Marriage make over products list you will get some idea.

3. anuram09

anuram09 IL Hall of Fame

Congrats for your marriage.2 years back,I was in the same situation as you are now. So I am listing out the things what I did for my marriage. I bought one readymade jadai alangaram done on banana outer stem(Vazhai mattai) and tied up with my hair after hair plaiting my hair till end with jadai kunjam. For the top portion I rolled Jasmine flowers. Another option would be Jadai billai,flowers and kunjam. On the side of the partitions I tied chandra pirai and suriya pirai. Please do 3 facials before 45 days of your marriage in frequency of 15 days and other things like waxing,pedicure,manicure & mehendi along with last facial. I bought all necessary things for make-up of Lakme brand from health and glow as follows.
    1. One liquid foundation for face as per your complexion (salewomen helped me to find the correct shade).
    2. One liquid foundation for neck and back portion(area above blouse) and this should one shade dark than the face shade.
    3. Jewel eyeliner
    4. Eye shadow
    5. Kajal
    6. Compact powder
    7. Concealer in case you have dark circles
    8. Lip liner
    9. Lip colour
    10. Lip gloss
    11. Shimmer powder (Put only on neck very lightly. This will highlight your jewels.Please use very little).
    12. Bindi
    13. Lots of hairpins, safety pins and safety pins.
    14. Hair extension in case if your hair is short.

Out of this list I dint used foundation after my marriage and became waste. :(
    So try whether you can lend those stuffs from your friends or relatives. If you(or your relatives) are going to try make-up for first time,please try doing make-up 2-3 times before itself, so that you can get it done perfectly during the occasion(I did so and took photo to see how it had come). Also if your face is oily, please avoid using cleansing milk before doing make-up. Wrap some ice cubes in towel and press it on face for 5 mins and start the makeup.

Cheers.

4. ransree

ransree Bronze IL'ite

Lakshmi,
    Thanks.. tht was really helpful..:thumbsup

Anu,
    Lifesaver.. I was worried all cos of this.. i will try getting readymade jadai.. Can I rent it out? I am of wheatish color.. Thinking whether to do a facial? i have done basic facial 2 times in past but no glow, nothing..:bonk then thought of never doing facials:crazy but now confused again..

Which facial is best..what parlour activities to be done.. does facial really bring any difference as such..:drowning help out...Thnx in advance....

5. anuram09

anuram09 IL Hall of Fame

You can get Jadai billai for rent. Perhaps you haven't visited good parlors. Facial surely will give some glow as you are not doing it frequently. Try papaya facial or any fruit based facial in good parlor. Also check with parlor whether they are using branded products for facial,else you may end up in pimples after somedays of your facial. If you can afford please try in Naturals or Mythilis for facials alone. I forgot to mention Mascara in this list :)
    I got eye brow trimming,pedicure,manicure,waxing(arms and legs),facials and mehendi done in parlour. If you have thin facial hair dont bother at all,else please remove them in parlour as your make up will be dull. Dont go for bleach at all for instant glow.
    I used chanthink (purely natural product,available in most of the supermarkets and medicals,50gm pack is 50 bucks) for my face. After 45 days I was able to see visible glow on my face. Since you have ample time you can try this. Also this might surface pimples for initial 1 week, if they are in 'immediate under skin'. So dont feel fear.

6. ransree

ransree Bronze IL'ite

Thanks again anu... I have decided to try out Gold Facial at Friends Beauty Care, Mambalam.. One of my relatives said its good there.. let me c..:thumbsup
    I will also try getting the product that u specified.... little nervous.:spin...

Last edited: Jul 5, 2010
  7. umamsqm

umamsqm Silver IL'ite

Dear Ransree,

Since you told that you are in wheatish colour, try to use LOTUS HERBALS CLAYWHITE ( Black clay skin whitening Face pack) regularly..

This pack really works very well to lighten our skin color..

Also daily use kadalai mavu + kasthuri manjal + curd mix in home to get the proper glow.

All the best ...

Rgds,
    UmaKathir

8. ransree

ransree Bronze IL'ite

Thanks will definitely c which wil suit me best.. actually I am going crazy about saree selection for reception:spin. i tried all the shops like manmandir,varshidi,pitambari listed here.. but nothing as such was eye catching for my color..

Is Gotewala closed or shifted ??? anyone has clues abt it?? I have to purchase within a week n if i make it late then my parents said stick to pattu saree with stone work..:drowning

I want to wear designer saree only:hide:..

Pls share ur suggestions:idea...........

9. LakshmiMohan

LakshmiMohan Gold IL'ite

Hi Ran,

I think its better to select pattu saree.It gives an elegant look.I wore designer saree with heavy stone work for my engagement and everyone told that I am looking like a girl who came to attend the engagement.Too much ornaments wont look good in Designer saree,so u will be compelled to be simple if you are wearing that.It wont look good for marriage Ran...You can try it for reception or pre marriage ceremonies...:cheers...My vote goes to pattu saree.

10. ransree

ransree Bronze IL'ite

Hi Laxmi,
    I was asking for reception only... for marriage anyway its default pattu saree only.. :).. where is it good to take reception saree.. I am thinking if I can try in Chennai Silks,Pothys.. This is Aaadi season sale time.. i wil get caught in rush..

any reviews reg. the designer sarees in chennai silks,pothys and other shops in T Nagar? all good and bad experience ppl, pls share ur views here.

Thanx in advance

:)