1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Help please for my son's community certificate

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by Imaya, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Imaya

Imaya New IL'ite

Hi all,

I read this thread and would like to post my queries here.

We live here in US for last 7yrs. Now we'd like to relocate to India. So as a first step we sent our first son to India who is living with my parents. For his school admission he is being asked for 'community certificate'. I should mention that my son is born in US and has a US passport/PIO card.

How to get community certificate for my son born in US? My community certificate which I got in my childhood has details about my B'day and birthplace in India.

Has anybody gone thro' this situation

Please help

2. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hello Imaya,
    I think Community Certificate is necessary only for communities which have some form of reservation. Please check that.

3. ramyanand

ramyanand Silver IL'ite

Hi imaya
    as varloo said community certifcate is needed only for a grp and that too for a kid born in US,i think schools will never ask for community certificate..even otherwise they dont ask..i remember, i filled only in the column of the appln for my kid and they didnt ask for a sep copy..For further clarifications u can contact the local tasildar off..They can help u..

cheers
    Ramya