1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Help ! Planning on moving to Windsor( Ontario) no idea what to expect

Discussion in 'Indians in Canada' started by mthadani, Jul 9, 2012.

1. mthadani

mthadani New IL'ite

Hi ,
    I. Have a 7 and 4 year old and we are moving to Windsor Ontario suddenly from san Francisco.
    I know it's going to be a huge change - trying to figure out a community with Asian families with kids to live in, schools , food, people.
    Any advice would truly help.
    Thanks,
    Malini

2. windsorlady

windsorlady New IL'ite

Hello,

I have been living in Windsor, ON for the past 1 year. I know there are a lot of Indians here, but there's no proper way to socialize. Have you moved to the city already? Would love to get to know you.

3. mthadani

mthadani New IL'ite

Hi -
    Yes, we are here .. Just looking for homes at the moment. We have met a few people and hope when I settle down to actually start " socializing" . Do you have kids? Where in Windsor do you live
    Look forward to hearing from you

4. lavanyaTamil

lavanyaTamil New IL'ite

Hi,
    How is windsor in terms of job prospects for newcomers? we are planning for a move, could you plz suggest me any idea how much its cost for 1bedroom apartment? plz let me know if you have any idea. iam a newbie.. thanks

5. priya1405

priya1405 New IL'ite

i have been in windsor. in my opinion, windsor is a very slow place. we tried alot to settle down in windsor. windsor is a apt place for people who commute to Detroit everyday. try moving to waterloo/kitchener. its a ood place to live. and cost of living is also quite good.