Help on mid year school admission procedure

Discussion in 'Indians in Qatar' started by harshetha2013, Sep 22, 2013.

1. harshetha2013

harshetha2013 New IL'ite

Hi friends,

I need some help.

We are moving to qatar by 15th of OCtober 2013 and need admission in any indian school for 4th standard.

Can some one help with the options like which school are likely to have vacancies. If Indian school are not available then what are the options with International schools etc.

Would appreciate replies.

2. asha_ram

asha_ram Silver IL'ite

Hi Harshetha

The II term of most Indian Schools have started by 8th Sep only. But the major factor for getting admissions here is you should be possessing Residence permit (RP). All the reputed Indian schools like BPS, DPS, DIMS, MES, Ideal, shaniniketan, Bhavans will consider for admissions only if you have RP.

If you are coming in visit visa, the only Indian school where you can get admissions is Pearl school. Its a new school and they admit kids with visit visa. It has till 5th std.

Entrance test need to be given before admissions.

Hope I have a given a fair idea about the scenario here. Iam not aware of international schools.

welcome to qatar and all the best.

Regards
    Asha

2 people like this.
  3. harshetha2013

harshetha2013 New IL'ite

4. harshetha2013

harshetha2013 New IL'ite

hai asha,

thanks for information .hope to meet u personally when we land in Doha....

5. CS1982

CS1982 Senior IL'ite

Hi Asha,

Reg. RP - we are planning for a shift to Qatar (from UAE). Can you guide me - what are the procedures / documents / expenses in getting RP in Qatar.

Understand, recently the procedures have got more tightened and hence, getting RP for family has become more difficult.

If all materializes, let me hope to meet you in Qatar.

Regards,

CS

6. MadhuSharmila

MadhuSharmila IL Hall of Fame

Hi CS,

In most cases, the company PRO does the job of applying a family visa. They will guide you in submitting the documents.

You need the salary certificate, Bank statement, Water-Electricity bill or rental agreement, NOC from sponsor and attested marriage certificate (birth certificate for children) to apply for family visa. For RP, you have to undergo medical test and once you get the results of it you need to go for finger printing. Once thats clear, you will get your RP.

7. asha_ram

asha_ram Silver IL'ite

Hi CS

I believe sharmila has given enough details. I would like to add up a few things-

you need 6 months bank statement while applying for RP...as u said the procedure has become tightened here with RP rejections increasing. Here the whole system and govt. staffs are crazy unlike UAE . So it all depends on ur luck . u can come in visit visa which is extendable for 6 months.. and later apply for RP with enuf docs.

so

8. CS1982

CS1982 Senior IL'ite

Hi Asha & Sharmila,

Thanks for the updates. Once things proceeds positively for my Hubby, the points given by you above would be very much helpful. Hopefully, we are expecting some positive feedback before Dec, 2013 end. Lets see how it goes further.

One thing I understand is, the company offering him job has sponsor & PRO with good vaastha. So, hopefully RP issue could be sorted out by them.

Thanks

CS