1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Help on getting rid of cockroaches in the fridge!!

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by srujanasakhi, Nov 2, 2009.

1. srujanasakhi

srujanasakhi New IL'ite

Dear Friends,

There are so many cockroaches in our house.
    I could control them in kitchen.

But, they have entered the refrigerator!!!

I have cleaned the fridge but no use.

So, please help me.......:bowdown

Regards,
    Srujana

2. shel_28

shel_28 Silver IL'ite

Hi Srujana,
    Instead of controlling them, just spot out the breeding place and destroy it completely.

To get rid of Cocokroaches:
    • When you spot cockroaches at home, try figuring out where they are coming from. But when you actually get down to doing it, you will discover that this is not all that easy. Roaches normally live in groups. So check for possible cracks and holes in your home, which they might have converted into a living zone. Once you have spotted it, you can clean up the place.
    • The best way to prevent re-infestation of cockroaches in the house is by keeping it clean. Take care to regularly clean your house, especially all nooks and corners if you do not want the roaches to resurface.
    Personal experience:

In our home we too suffered a lot to control the menace of these cockroahces. No insecticide worked.:drowning We tried hit, Baygon sprays. [​IMG]But no use. Then started to follow this procedure, Now no problem.

Empty your kitchen fully. As if you are shifting your home. Dust all the shelves and corners. Cockroaches will lay its eggs in bulk. First Clean all those and kill the nymphs too... If its open space use baygon spray. I Think you can't spray as your's is a modular kitchen. You can wipe it off with water. Once you finish cleaning all those. Wipe the floors too.
    Then while replacing the utensils, mixer, grinder and other things, thoroughly check it. Because we found its eggs even in grinder stands, Mixie motor.....

Do this process every weekend atleast for a month. Then there wont be any more trouble. Also check if there is any drainage line passing through\near by your kitchen area. Because its their breeding place. Use baygon spray atleast they 'll faint. Dont use Hit. No use.[​IMG]
    Also check the water sink line. Most cocokroaches will enter through this only. So you need to block the outer covering.

Try this and let me know your feedback.[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. shel_28

shel_28 Silver IL'ite

4. srujanasakhi

srujanasakhi New IL'ite

Hi Shel,

Thanks a lot!!!

I will do the regim you mentioned.

Once again thank Q!

5. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

The cockroaches enter the fridge if there is gap between the fridge door and the base.you need to change the foam that seals both.

6. gulabjamun

gulabjamun New IL'ite

Mix baking soda with curd to make a pest,put it in a cone like mehndi,make dots in 1" gap,now its time to see the magic!Cockroaches ko dhudh dundh k marta he.No more chupe cockroach.

7. ashwinn

ashwinn Senior IL'ite

hi,

dont worry. buy boricpowder.buy from medical shop. mix it with milkand chappathi wheat atta. make very small balls and keep it wherever u find more. another 3 days the magic will happen. after 3 months repeat the same.best result

8. Vinings

Vinings Gold IL'ite

Boric acid is classified as a hazardous material. Try not to use it. It is extremely dangerous to pets as well. You cannot use this for your fridge where food is stored.

9. ilovesai

ilovesai Silver IL'ite

Best way is contact a cockroach pest control company.. These companies use a gel that they will put in your house.. It prevents cockroaches for a period of 1 year. Its very useful, kid friendly, you don't even have to leave your house while they do it, its not poisonous.. They are real good, very famous in India these days.. Go to just dial and look for cockroach pest control companies,, your house will be free of roaches for a year.. Pest Control Cockroach in Hyderabad, India | Justdial

It is very economical too...

Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
  10. anuboggaram

anuboggaram New IL'ite

Hi srujana sakhi,

Even i had lot of cockroaches in fridge and kitchen. I had almost stopped storing food in kitchen. Finally found 'No Entry' and my home is free of cockroaches.. You can find it in any super market. Make them into small balls and stick them in cupboards, window corners, corner of tables, doors, gas stove and fridge corners from outside. You don't find cockroaches for 6 months. you may have to stick them once again once you start finding cockroaches. Hope this helps you.