1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Help on getting divorce

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sheeba15, Jul 7, 2007.

1. sheeba15

sheeba15 New IL'ite

I hv been married for 13yrs with a son but i hv separated myself due to domestic violence, abuse and intolerable behaviour of my hubby. FOr the past 8 yrs we have never had any relationship, nor did i ever get any monetory support from him. my son is with my parents and i work out. i need to get a divorce but due to his unruly nature, i do not know how he wd react..he has been always threatening me to get money and has also once tried to hide away my son to get money from me...what should i do...

1 person likes this.

2. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

Re: pls help me

hi,

divorce u can get easily but first u have to see for safety for ur son. u have sufficient reasons for divorce as per ipc. u contact some advocate may be u can get very good ideas. as u mentioned he hide ur son that u mention in divorce as son police help u can get like during processing of ur divorce if anything goes wrong with ur son he is the one responsible. i think it may help u. don't guve him money. wait for more response.

bye
    padma

3. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

8 years of separation is long time to get divorce easily. You dont have to be scared of your husband's threats. Even Indian Law says, If a spouse has desreted other spouse for more 3 years , You can easily get divorce. You just need to be cautious about your son. May be you can send him to some Remote boarding school. But it depends on your sons' wishes also. I hope he wants to just stay with you.

4. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

First and foremost get yourself a good lawyer who can tell you what steps you need to take. But most importantly, keep yourself and your son safe. From what you said, it seems that you do not feel safe. That is probably the worst feeling any one can have. Take care and I hope you are able to build a life for yourself soon. Hang in there - we will all say a prayer for you and for every woman going through tough times.