1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Help needed to de-stress

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by ramyavijay, Apr 6, 2011.

1. ramyavijay

ramyavijay New IL'ite

Hi all,

This is the usual problem that all DILs' will face but i need your senior advices to help myself. My MIL shows a lot of partiality. She is giving more importance to her daughter and sometimes in the run she doesnt consider me as another humanbeing. I once did fight with her that is showing partiality and i hate that attitude of hers...she had all sweet honey talks and back to the same string now. Sometimes i just feel jealous & show anger on my SIL. My SIL talks a lot at the back of me... she is six years younger to me. I am the only daughter and maybe its because of that? I said about this and my feelings to my DH..all he says is to adjust until she is married off. I need some remedy to come out of this cocoon.

Thanks,
    :bonk VR

2. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi ramya..

I am no senior to advice you, but still my opinion...

I think you are comparatively newly married; and also the only child to ur parents..

Of course, daughter is a daughter and DIL is a DIL.. Learn to accpet the TRUTH.. Do you think she should show more affection on you since you are her DIL..?? Where in the world will this happen?? Come on dear.. Grow UP!!:cheers

Just try to be independent and dont act hurt if any situation like that happens.. They will naturally see that you are a strong young lady and will stop bothering you.

This is normal.. Relax and Be Yourself..:idea

3. lathaviswa

lathaviswa IL Hall of Fame

Ramya,don't worry it happens to all.So don't bother about them do your own work that's it.

4. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

The best medicine: Ignore the remarks and turn a deaf ear to partiality. If you get it to your head, you will spoil your relationship with your DH. So, just let it go, find something to keep you busy and have a happy life with your husband.

5. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

Hi OP,

Your SIL is six years younger than you, so don't compete with her for attention from MIL. She is bound to show more attention to her daughter and that too younger one.

Try and have good relationship with SIL otherwise ignore and do your own thing.

6. puspita

puspita Silver IL'ite

Hi VR

Better to ignore ....

Never ever expect that MIL will give the same importance and love as her daughter to you....Its IMPOSSIBLE...

Dont worry and live a happy life with your H.