Help needed on quitting my job and travelling to US with my husband

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by cmm12, Oct 17, 2012.

1. cmm12

cmm12 Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I am working as a software engineer in a reputed company for with 3 yrs exp. My husband is also a software enginner and we are married for 3 months.
    My husband has travelled to Us for work and he wants me to go to US with him. As of now i dont have an L2 visa with me..Even if i get a L2 visa am not sure whether i ll get an assinment from my company itself in Us. If i resign my job will i get any job in US? We will be in US for an year or so and come back to India. I am not interested in quitting my job since we will come back. I am scared that i will not get any job after i come back.
    Please share ur thpught on this or anyone has come across a situation like this.

2. Ganthimathi

Ganthimathi Gold IL'ite

Is it possible to go on sabbatical for one year. Many IT companies allow their employees to do that. In that way you can come back and continue your job with the same company.

3. nirmalaramesh

nirmalaramesh Junior IL'ite

As you have experience in job no problem in getting a job in foreign countries.With foreign exp you may get a better job in india too.No worries.