1. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Liked anything that you read here? You may nominate it as the Finest Posts!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Help needed in shopping some items

Discussion in 'Shopping/Restaurants in Abu Dhabi' started by baby1, Jul 10, 2010.

1. baby1

baby1 Bronze IL'ite

hi friends,
    pls tell me where in abu dhabi i can purchase brown rice. i tried in lulu but it is not there.
    hope some of you know and eat brown rice. pls tell me about this rice (which brand to purchase) as i am buying this for the first time.

also i want to buy 'iron kadai' (iron utensil). pls tell me where i can find this? (just like copper vessel and non stick vessel, there is an iron vessel too which is very heavy, hope some of u know about it)

lastly, i need some help in buying educational games set for my kid who is four years old.
    you mothers must be knowing the name of some of the games set which your kid has enjoyed playing.
    like my son has blocks for making different animals, blocks for creating buildings, he also has puzzles for joining and making animals, he has alphabet teaching game also and recently we got him playing cards too. all these have become old for him now and we want to buy new one for him. pls suggest something new for us.

every time we go to lulu or carrefour we spend hours in shopping but always we get confused about the toy/games set as we don't know what is good and worth spending. my kid is going to kg1 and i would like to buy some activity game for him.
    any suggestion is appreciated. pls write here. thanks in advance.

2. prenit

prenit New IL'ite

Hi Baby
    Hw r u doing?u can get brown rice in Carrefour.I saw Iron kadahi in Safeer u can try there and for the educational toys u can try Early learning centre Abudhabi Mall n if get chance to go Dubai then go to Dubai Mall there is one huge store of toys called Hamleys.As my daughter is 3 yrs I also go on searching toys for her.
    I think this will help.

Regards
    Prenit

3. baby1

baby1 Bronze IL'ite

hi prenit, thanks for the reply. you can find my mail id in 'looking for frnds in mussafah' thread. there u search on page no.8, and mail me and we can plan our meet.

4. ranjuz

ranjuz Senior IL'ite

Hi baby,

Hope u r doing fine.
    Brown rice we bought from EGM. Brand is Golden Chef.
    As for toys, try some activity books in which there will be colouring, dot to dot, puzzles, find differences, identical twins etc. so that he will develop the habit of reading, writing etc.
    You can find different types of games in KM Trading also.