1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

help need on announcing pregnancy

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by jannat30, Jul 5, 2010.

1. jannat30

jannat30 New IL'ite

Update: I took Home pregnancy test and the result is positive.

I am returning to india for good after 3 years by the end of july. I have a 2 yr son and now i am suspecting that i am pregnant. yes i am pregnant

Anyway here is my problem I am sure that i am returning to india but the thing is my SIL is also in india (from usa for 6 months vacation with her child) in my IL's house.

In my IL's house i have a cosister and my hubbys bro too living together as joint family.

My question is should inform about my pregnancy bef9re leaving USA or after i visit India i should open the topic.

Any advice appriciated and how do you all tell that u are pregnant infront of everyone. becoz last time i called everyone and thus never encountered this problem

my problem sounds silly but still i need help.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2010

2. prss

prss Gold IL'ite

hi, I think you should first confirm ur pregnancy - with a doctor or with a home testing kit and then think about whether to announce now or later.

3. jannat30

jannat30 New IL'ite

i know i should confirm the pregnancy but i am really afraid to know the result and thus postponding the home test for a week. God i think something is wrong with me.:bonk

4. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

I don't understand the issue.Firstly confirm your pregnancy with a doctor and doctors usually want you to meet them only around 9 weeks to confirm a pregnancy.Once it is confirmed,let your hubby do the informing.

5. DevikaS

DevikaS Senior IL'ite

I agree , get the pregnancy confirmed by a doctor only.. otherwise you will look like a fool if you are not really pregnant & tell everyone you are..

Then when you get a postive from the doctor.. it will be better if and and your hubby annouce together the good news.. so in that case you will have to tell on the phone (if your hubby is not going to india with you).. otherwise wait till you get to india with hubby and tell them all..

-- hubby & me only told our parents the good news at start of 3rd month; we wanted to keep the good news secret to ourself for sometime before sharing the news..

6. thekumars9308

thekumars9308 New IL'ite

Jannat30,

First of all congratulations on the positive test result from HPT!!! Doctors do the same urine dip test anyway. There is a very simple solution to your problem, provided you are ok with letting your SIL, BIL and co-sister know about your pregnancy right away. Just purchase a "I'm going to be a big brother" t-shirt before you leave USA. After you reach India, pick a day to announce the happy news and make your 2 yr old son wear it and let your in-laws know there's something your son would like to tell everyone :) Otherwise wait until 3 months to announce the news and then make your son wear the t-shirt by which time you will be also be doubly sure about your pregnancy and won't make a fool.

Hope this helps!

7. thekumars9308

thekumars9308 New IL'ite

By the way, be very careful during your trip to India. Good luck girl!

8. jannat30

jannat30 New IL'ite

wow i am so happy that i got so many reply. Thank you IL.

I am sure that i going to follow the tshirt idea since it so cute and i dont have to say a word.

I will purchase it and TY so much for the help from all of you.

9. thekumars9308

thekumars9308 New IL'ite

I'm glad you like it. Hope you will have a happy and safe trip to India. Best wishes.