1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Help me to buy wedding jewellery

Discussion in 'Jewelry & Accessories' started by shinara, Apr 18, 2013.

1. shinara

shinara Platinum IL'ite

Hi friends,

We have planned to buy wedding jewellery for me. My parents asked me to choose models for necklace,chains,earrings,bangles. I dont have any idea. so please help me with your opinions and suggestions. our estimation is 40 to 50 sovereign.

2. reachingskies

reachingskies Silver IL'ite

Congrats on getting married.......

You target is to buy inbetween 320 to 400 gms....

Buying gold depends on your taste and your wish to own your designs....

For example some people thinks better to buy many necklace sets instead of buying vaddanam....
    where as some thinks to buy vaddanam as it is big day and you can buy necklace sets in future also...

I bought vaddanam something in inbetween 120 to 140 gms....I don't remember weights.....Mine is solid belt without chains ( I Like chains) and with peacock pendent .......I can remove peacock pendent also...and can use plain vaddanam.

Bought typical vanki with 55 to 60 gms....
    Decisions are taken by grooms family and relatives....
    My Thali chain 35 to 45 gms... Got one small black bead chain....Got a plain strong and thick chain with ruby and emerald stones wth 25 to 35 gms....( we call it as naan with pendent in our side)

Got long chain with 45 to 50 gms...I really like something really rich long chain with still more weight......
    I already have white two lined CZ bangles around 45 bangles which was also given to me by my parents..

You can Buy thali chain with weight around 30 to 50 gms..Select thali chain design so that your hair doesn't struck in the hair....
    Buy bangles with weight about 40 to 45 gms atleast for future reliability ( you can buy bangles with more weight also). if you want u can buy set bangles with 100 gms also...

Get small length black bead chain below 10 gms so that you can even wear on dresses also...

These days Kasulaperu is in fashion....

If you like heavy kind of kasulaperu......with laxmi pendent and ruby and emerald drops you can buy one with 120 gms also...( buy something which you can use as vaddanam also)

If you want simple kind of kasulaperu you can go for 60 to 70 gms( mango mala, kasulaperu)

Better to go with Naan and pendent design....( chain with pendent)....It suits on all kind of sarees( like georgette, seco, partwaer...all kinds.)

Buy some bhuta earings atleast beyond 10 gms .....looks beautiful...buy bigger size earrings....looks very pretty on bride...

Buy Vaddanam with atleast 120 gms....if u like to go for solid belt kind of vaddanam.....take peacock or laxmi pendent with stones which u can fix to vaddanam...don't get vaddanam with heavy stones..its waste of money,....

My suggestion is you can buy flexible vaddanam...which can be used as a long chain also...Multipurpose....

So for arm vanki with 34 to 60 gms....(it depends on the design u select)....
    Some like typical vanki...with peacocks or laxmi which would weigh around 45 to 60 gms...you can buy nagavathhu....something kind of arm bracelet....not typical vanki which u can get with 30 to 40 gms...

Don't buy anything with completelu rubies and emeralds necklaces....just buy pendents...with stone....

Plain gold doesnt look good but at the same too much stones is real;ly waste of money...

Buy Kadas with rubies and emrald stones on it....not many stones...just 4-6 stones...
    These bangles will be matching to your chain and pendent model......

I suggest to keep more weight for vaddanam as u will make it for one time...

U can buy necklace sets in future also right....and if u want to increase ur vaddanam weight you have to remodel it and it completely waste of money...

Get really nice weight vaddanam...if u want really strong go for 150 gms also.. I thought of getting it done with 20 more gms of that they ordered for me and want to skip one small jewelry item...

I thought of skipping 4 bangles and get my vaddanam with 20 gms more weight and long chain with 20 gms more to get rich look...( which is not possible for me)

Skip buying some items like vanki or some kadas or some small necklace.... you can rent vanki or use your relatives jewelry.....

Small small necklaces you can buy and designs will be always changing.......

Hope my post helped u....Let me know if u need any help in selecting any particular kind of jewelry...

2 people like this.
  3. Sowmya2709

Sowmya2709 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Dharini,

Kalyanama SOllave illa.. Congrats!

During my purchase i went to almost all the shops in Tirunelveli and Bhimas, Nagercoil(u will get light weight but heavy look jewels there). In Tirunelveli my shops were Tata GOld Plus, Joy Alukkas, SRK and few in Sarah.

While choosing ur jewelry, i chose in such a way that one jewel compliments the other while wearing it on the Big Day! But while coming to wastage and making charges u have to negotiate with the percentage.

4. shinara

shinara Platinum IL'ite

reachingskies amazing tips... it will be very very helpful for me....

those are great idea... we don't buy vadanam or vanki. so i would like to concentrate in necklaces, longchains, bangles and earrings.

here in our side on marriage ,the gold ornaments can be worn only at the time of engagement, early in the morning of wedding day.. only family members of both bride and groom will be there for that function. and mostly garlands will cover jewels.. After that, for the whole day including muhurtam evening reception we use to wear fancy jewels matching to sari which will be taken care by beautician..

So i'd like to buy ornaments which i can wear for both chudi and sari after marriage.

Please tell me how this will be

1 stoned necklace which can be worn with sari.
    1 simple necklace for chudi
    1 long chain with pendant
    set of bangles for 180grms
    3 r 4 erarings includes 1 jhimkaha set

my father likes step chain. but my mother and me don't like that model and thats out of fashion too.. then thaali will be given by grooms side.. but we can choose the model ( mostly they stick with murukku chain)

1 person likes this.
  5. shinara

shinara Platinum IL'ite

Sowme kalyanam na ungaluku sollamala...

Now just planning to purchase jewels dear...
    defenitely i'll try those shops.. what were the jewels u bought?

1 person likes this.
  6. cedantseq

cedantseq New IL'ite

well good tips availbale in this thread, add me in

7. Sowmya2709

Sowmya2709 Platinum IL'ite

Chk this link of mine.. http://www.indusladies.com/forums/sewing-tailoring-stitching/211949-my-designer-blouses.html

You can see few of my jewelry patterns in those photos..

I dint give much imp. to stone jewelry.. Just bought a stone attigai(necklace) the rest were all gold.. And reg. bangles got two sets of gold bangles(6+6) with 2 sets of side bangles(2+2) spl for marriage and 2 for home use.

And reg. wearing of artificial fancy jewelry i wasnot much into that.. wore all my gold jewels on the occasions.. and only for nethi chutti, vangi and otiyanam got the kemp temple jewelry set. And got matching stone bangles from Pothys and few fancy jewelry like long jhumkis and chutti for engagement and reception from Bangalore and Pothys(Tirunelveli and Madurai)..

1 person likes this.
  8. reachingskies

reachingskies Silver IL'ite

Hello Shinara,

I am glad that you liked my tips..

Regarding 180 gms of bangles...buy 2 kadas for around 45 to 55 gms with atleast 2-6 stones on each bangles..
    This bangles will suit both on sarees and chudidhars and even matches to your stoned necklace set also...if your are taking rubies and emerald stones studded to bangles...Buy only 2 kadas..

http://www.totaram.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=001&Product_Code=GK300&Category_Code=GK

If you don't like Kadas go for bangles like this model

Totaram Jewelers: Buy 22 karat Gold jewelry & Diamond jewellery from India: 22K Fine Gold Kada with Ruby & Emerald - Set of 2 (1 Pair).

You can buy two bangles...if u wish you can buy 4 bangles also..

if you don't want any stones on the bangles and you need something without stones..
    Go for below kind of bangles

http://www.totaram.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=001&Product_Code=GK330&Category_Code=GK

The above link bangles are of 29 gms...only..u can use on chudidhars too...But i got mine really heavy like 50 gms and mine is thick and very good...

for 29 gms you get very thin bangles of this design...If you like thin ones for daily use you can buy them.

For kadas or 2 bangles you should keep atleast 40 to 55 gms for good look and reliablility...

Even this is also good with few stones...

Totaram Jewelers: Buy 22 karat Gold jewelry & Diamond jewellery from India: 22K Gold Bangle - Set of 2(1 Pair)

Don't buy above model for daily use....

If you need something for daily use...go for below link for the last one in the pic...

This is coorgi style of bangles...

http://www.mangatrai.com/products.php?scat=57

If you need just single bangle go for something fashionable like this

GRT | Collections | Gold | Bangles | Broad Thukada Bangle

Regarding set Bangles.........you can buy a dozen of thin bangles of nice design...which is always in fashion...

If you really want to buy set banles..u can buy something like below link

Gold Latest Design Minakari Bangles

I am providing links just to provide you some info on designs...
    you will find fantastic design that my links in stores

Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  9. shinara

shinara Platinum IL'ite

all the bangles designs are awesome dear... some of the links ask authentication info... the set of bangles and modern plain design bangle is so nice... i'll try something like that surely...

10. shinara

shinara Platinum IL'ite

a lot and lot of thanks to you reachingskies...

1 person likes this.