1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Help me pick the right eyeglass

Discussion in 'Cosmetics & Makeups' started by Kera, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Kera

Kera Gold IL'ite

I have read plenty of articles on how to choose the right eyeglass. I have had optician help me pick the right glass. But still I hear complains from my friends. I am so terribe at figuring out what is right/wrong for me.

I am shopping for new glasses. I have very high prescription and even after paying for the thinnest material, my glass is still thick. I am nearly blind and have very small face.

How do I pick the right eyeglass?
    What style have you noticed that you liked and what have you hated?
    What is your opinion about plastic frame (as is the fashion now) vs. metal frame?

The current style is thick black big nerdy glass & well I don't like it. What you think?

2. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

If you are worried about the thickness of glasses, opt for contact lens. It will take sometime to get used to but they are very convenient and dont make you look nerdy.

Pick a frame that suits your face and style than something currently in fashion. If you are not confident about your choice of frames, take a friend along.

3. Kera

Kera Gold IL'ite

I have tried contact and not sure if I am too comfortable with it. I wear it as a way to treat myself but not everyday use. I also work in a lab where it is not safe to use contacts. I want to have a nice glass.

I really don't like my friends taste either. There are few girls, who are not firends but I see them at work whos style I like. Wish I could ask them for their opinion

4. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

Check out what type of frames and colors they are using.

When you go to buy the glasses, try that type and see if it suits you.

5. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Has your optician talked to you about High Index lens?

Please go through this link and I am sure you will be much at ease choosing your lens
    High Index Lens Benefits

6. Kera

Kera Gold IL'ite

So i have serious problem. I can't make decision especially when it comes to shopping. I already have contacts and use high index lense. But I am in the market for new frame, should be a simple task. right?

No not for me. I went to Pearle Vision, a eyeglass chain in USA, and tried on almost every glass in the store. I took about 23 pictures on my phone and a lady helped me decide. I narrowed to 2 option and choose 1. I later showed my family/friend the picture of the 2 I was considering and EVERYONE picked the one I didn't choose. So I called the store and cancelled my order. Few days later I went to try on the frame everyone loved & was certain i will place an order. But up on trying I realize I hated it. Somehow the outfit I had on the 1st day matched well with the frame but not with the outfit on 2nd day.

So i am still searching. Today i went to another eyeglass store and checked every single frame. I liked many but couldn't decide which to order so I walked out without any. My little sister (teenager who is born with good taste) only tried on 3 pairs and found the one. It was beautiful glass. I only the other hand tried everything in the store & got so frustrated because they all started looking same, that i left without a frame.

anyone have a solution for this, people like me who try everything and then can't decide

7. Kera

Kera Gold IL'ite

I finally made a decision. After getting frustrated at myself for inable to do such a simple task, I distanced myself from the whole shopping deal. I detoxed for a month, not thinking about glass or googling or shopping around. Instead I observed other peoples glass. I watched people & noticed their glass at work, on the street..everywhere. I then realize, i like certain shape & want it to be lighter color (not black).

When i went to pick up my little sisters glass, I tried on few from junior section & easily found 1 I liked. I know i tried it on before but I was too confused then. Life is so much simplier when you detox yourself and then make decision :)