1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Help me out

Discussion in 'H4 Indian Ladies' started by suchi, Sep 27, 2007.

1. suchi

suchi New IL'ite

Hi all,
    I am on H4 in USA (CA).can i know how i work as iam holding h4 now,do i have any chance to work in Indian company or any other source?:idontgetit:
    please help me.

Thank u in advance.

2. Mythraeyi

Mythraeyi Silver IL'ite

Hi

I'm pretty certain you cannot work on H4 visa - at least not any type of work where you will get paid. However you can do voluntary work and this could count as work experience when you do apply for a job with a valid work visa or green card. You could try getting someone to sponsor you for a H1-B which will let you work but ensure that the company is geniune and will pay you properly.

Good luck,
    Mythraeyi

3. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Hi - Mythraeyi is correct - I believe it is illegal to work under the H4visa. But I have heard that people work for cash - dont think it is a good idea. I cannot relate to what you ladies are feeling since I was never in that situation, it must be hard. If your able to study - and if finances allow, you can probably get a student visa - although those things take some time. In the meantime, voluteer, go to the library - learn some crafts. They have craft classes in places like Hobby Lobby, Michaels, etc. I wish I had more time to read now - I really miss that.

4. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite