1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Help me find the name/characters/author of this novel?

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by Gayathri47, Oct 7, 2010.

1. vanithaarasu

vanithaarasu New IL'ite

Hi,
    Help me find this story i read long back..
    The stroy starts like herione has one youger sister. She will love hero's youger brother n she will get pregnant.So
    heriones mom will go n meet the hero's mother with herione (i guess) n says so n so, so will arrange for the marriage for
    the younger one's. But hero's mother hesitates as the younger one cant get married b4 elder one as they belong to a
    wealthier family. Now hero's mother likes heriones and finally they will arrange the marriage for both the pairs. Hero
    wont even look @ heriones foto he will say his mom wat ever she wishes. Even herione also have not seen hero's foto.
    On the marriage they will c each other n get surprised as they both r college mates n hero wud love a gal who is heroines
    frnd. But heroines frnd commits suicide as her parents wnt accept their marriage proposal. Now as they know each other n also as they r not interested in marriage they will live like frnds. And finally through hero's frnd (hero's frnd will play a game without the knowlegde of both saying anyways hero is not liking herione and as he (the frnd) likes her since college hero has to divorce her. They will be shocked as they start liking by then tho' they wnt express each others love)hero n herione will join togther n happy ending

2. rksvidhya

rksvidhya New IL'ite

Hi,
    Long back, the time when i started reading novels (Before 15 Years), i studied a novel from ranimuthi(I think so) I don't remember the name of the novel, hero, heroine names and author i think it is Ramanichandran!!!.

The story comes like this:
    Both hero and heroine got married and they decided to wait for starting their married life until they both understand each other. Hero is a rich person in a village and will be as like panchayat head, resolving all problems.

Heroine is from town side (I think so..). Heroine marry hero in the compulsion of her side members (By parents i think) and so decided to be apart from hero and to live in same house as like friends. In due days, by the way how hero behaves, heroine starts loving him and she hesitates to accept her love before him as she doesn't know in what mentality the hero is.. and she fears how hero reacts when she reveals her truth of loving him.

Meanwhile, there to the village comes a girl (relative/friend of hero) who moves very close to hero, which creates the heroine to be jealous of that girl. That girl also plays some tricks between hero and heroine since that girl too love hero.

Finally hero and heroine will be get joined during the thiruvizha of that village (I think).

Its the second story i read when started reading novels. If i got it, i'll be very happy. Help me in finding the novel and if any has the novel, kindly upload the same.

Regards,
    M.Sworna Vidhya

3. vinitha88

vinitha88 Bronze IL'ite

Hai,

I want to know about the author of the story Avanuku Nan Alaghu....written as serial in amuthas blog.........i just want to know that either she is writing any other novels.........or writing novels in any other names.......

pls help me to find this pa......

thank u in advance......

4. Premasiva

Premasiva Senior IL'ite

Hi vinitha,
    I think 'avanukku naan azhagu' is written by Bhuvana @ n.sitalakhsmi.

Regards,
    Prema

5. vinitha88

vinitha88 Bronze IL'ite

Oh thanks pa.....but in another thread sitalakshmi msgd that her novels are Nilave malarndhidu,kadhal parisu and nanagiya nee.....she had not written about avanuku nan alaghu...

6. dtv

dtv New IL'ite

This story resembles ( in all aspects) Priyamanavale written by Madhavi RaviChandran

7. Gayathripattabi

Gayathripattabi Junior IL'ite

Hi frnz,

i read this novel long before. I can't remember the novel name.

Herione is staying in US and she did her UG there. In flashback, her parents got some photos of her with her close friend as lovers on wedding day and her brother started beating her and no one of her family trusted her.So she came back to US. There once she was singing a devotional song in perumal temple , she met Hero's mom. Hero's mom liked her and made a good relationship with her. Hero's parents went for some vocation and Hero (he met her already) wanted to have chat with her but unfortunately she fell down so he brought her to his home and after some time they fell in love and married. Now She is pregnant and hero come to india to refine her family reltnship.

Could anyone plz help me to find this novel?

Thanks in advance:)

8. dtv

dtv New IL'ite

Dear Friend,
    This is Kadhal Parisu written by N.Sitalakshmi.

9. Gayathripattabi

Gayathripattabi Junior IL'ite

Thanks a lot my dear:)

10. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Hi guys, I badly need your help in finding me the name of this book. It's an English novel written by an Indian author.

The story is about an Indian woman who hails from a family of cooks. Her mother is sort of like the official cook in all the auspicious functions in their village. This girl has her mother's talent in cooking. She falls in love with the village head's second son and felt that her love is reciprocated when she starts to receive gifts from him...not knowing that the gifts are actually from the boy's elder brother who is in love with the same girl. The younger boy, on the other hand, has no clue as to his brother's dillema. All he knows is that the village's most beautiful girl is in love with him. For some reasons, both the boy and the girl run away from their home and start a life together.

Years passed by. The girl is now a mother to a boy and a girl. The mother and her kids start a life in US, where the woman starts working in a garment factory and being paid a meagre amount as salary. (I can't remember what happened to the husband) The kids starts growing up and having a western lifestyle. They insist on having western food instead of the indian food that their mother so lovingly cooks for them.

During the kids' teenage years, the boy dies in a freak accident. The girl shuts herself away from others and the mother is left in a helpless state. The girl soon grows up and starts living a separate life. She goes to India and discovers her mothers roots and realizes the mother's love. Soon she comes back to US, only to find the love of her life waiting for her.

The above is written based on my memory of the novel. This is something that I've read many years back thus, I can't even remember the title or the author. Does anyone has a clue which book this is?