1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Help me become a better wife

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by momtwo, May 18, 2010.

1. Anushka2009

Anushka2009 New IL'ite

This is only my opinion.

Your DH has set big boundaries for him and you have done the same. When you call him a failure means that you expect higher things from him. I do agree it must be frustrating for you to see him lose jobs, but you need to lower the bar for him. I think he probably pressurizes himself into being over ambitious because of his environment, friends etc.

Firstly, you as a wife should accept him the way he is, if he fails in his jobs, accept it. Ask him to not compare himself with anyone in friends, work etc. Continuously, remind him of what a wonderful person he is, ask him to be patient saying things will improve, show him the brighter side of life. Assure him you do not expect anything from him but love. Assure him, to you he is a very intelligent man and sometimes it takes time to settle down.

As a wife, husband expects support and that the wife accepting both the good and bad luck of his life w/o complaining and intimidating him.

You can take up a job to help in his struggle? I see that he never gives up which is such a positive quality that all of us should learn from. I feel he will be super successful due to this quality of his.

2. momtwo

momtwo New IL'ite

Hi Anushka
    You know what you are very right ..thats what I was exactly thinking over the last couple of days.I am also working full time so its both our struggle.

Yes our friends are very well off (90% of them) and thats why we were over setting our boundaries.They are all in the same age group as us and thats why we trying compare up to them and in the process getting more frustrated.
    Our friends are actually very nice and its all our fault trying to compare.
    Sometimes I was also getting frustrated and then I was complaining .Now with all your suggestions I can try to rectify myself.Thank you so much .Please keep the advices coming.

3. Anushka2009

Anushka2009 New IL'ite

You are welcome my dear!

Dont compare yourself with anyone, tell your husband the same, everyone is special in their own ways.

I am sure you will sail through this, just keep some patience. Life is sometimes a struggle, you cant change that. Its a one time journey, make this journey pleasant for both of you, thats all is in your hands!!

Money comes and goes. Money is important, really important for a lot of things, but dont make it your only way of happiness.