1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Help - How to wean my 4months old?

Discussion in 'Breast Feeding' started by umarman, Dec 26, 2010.

1. umarman

umarman New IL'ite

Hi All,i m also a first time mom,and a new joinee of IL.My LO is 4 months old,and my friends and family forcing me to start weaning him as my milk supply is low and formula feeding is making him gassy,windy and irritating,can anybody tell me when and how to start weaning,my Lo is very delicate and sensitive,he had CRP infection and septicimia when he was just 35 days old.

2. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Re: Baby nursing only for 5 min.. Sad

Hii new mom,
    Why would you want to wean now? If your milk is not enough, you can always add formula feeds and solids later., continue breast feeding as long as you can. Why do you think this combination feeding wont work for you? I would do that in your place. Atleast till the 10months-1yr mark, let the child get the min no. of breastfeeds a day :) Any other reasons? Are you working? Do you have any health issues?
    Read more on increasing the supply here.
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/b...la-feeding/2733-how-get-more-breast-milk.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/b...a-feeding/83555-how-to-deal-under-supply.html

PS: Umarman, I have made this as a separate thread for better clarity and this would help other mommies to address this better.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2010
  3. umarman

umarman New IL'ite

Re: Baby nursing only for 5 min.. Sad

Thanx Vishalini,
    Actullay i wanted to introduce solids coz it may help him as he is very windy and gasses irritate him a lot,thanx for the thread,i m going thru it,will help me,think so..

4. DevikaS

DevikaS Senior IL'ite

Breastmilk is best for your baby. Since he was sick too your milk is better for him. I wouldn't wean now. You can do Many this to increase your milk supply. Go to kellymom :: Breastfeeding and Parenting