Help - House near Mosque and cannot sleep

Discussion in 'Housing in Dubai' started by archita, Nov 1, 2009.

1. archita

archita New IL'ite

Ok ...I know that in Dubai you'll find a mosque in all localities...no offense for anybody here. We've moved in to a new house which is very close to a mosque...The azaan is so loud that my daughter whose 2 years wakes up each time it goes and cries madly after that. I need some solutions for this. Previous houses were in proximity to mosques but not as loud as it is here. Especiallly the morning 5 azaan. Does anybody else face this problem here? What can we do about this. And is it common for all mosques to have prayers on loud speakers too....because after azaan they do all prayers on loud speakers for 20-30 minutes. Its not only the morning azaan but also the evening 4 azaan which wakes my daughter from after noon nap. Its become tiring for her and us...and she's not able to get full sleep. Please help

2. jezz_nish

jezz_nish Senior IL'ite

hi
    why dont you try ear plugs,i have seen many comfortable ones in pharmacy ,even try those winter caps for yr lil one,as it will help keeping her ear plugs in place also help reducing the sound of azaan to her ears a lil,or then the only option is changing the house.
    hope u find a solution soon.

jess

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  3. archita

archita New IL'ite

Thanks jezz, will try ear plugs though i don't think my daughter would sleep with them. They'll work for me though but unfortunately i can't sleep if my daughter is awake...:cry: she won't let me...but worth giving a try before...Moving house...OMG I hope it doesnt' come to this

4. prettyguns

prettyguns Silver IL'ite

Hi Archita
    I know how you feel about it. But I am surprised that it is so loud for 30 minutes since I stay in Jebel Ali and the mosque near our place has azaan too on loudspeaker but not too loud to disturb us or for 30 minutes.
    However you cannot do much about it except protecting you and your kid against the sound. Like Jess said, ear plugs are good but your baby might not be happy about it.
    One reason why the sound might be too high in your apartment is because of no soundproofing on windows. Many new apartments in Dubai have soundproof inserts so that outside noise does not come into the apartment. You can check with Danube Buildmart or Ace Hardware on these soundproof inserts for windows. It might be a bit expensive, nevertheless worth a try, if you do not plan to move house for the next many years.

5. archita

archita New IL'ite

Thanks Prettyguns. I will go to ACE hardware. I think the mosque is too close and thats why the sound and as you said the windows might not be soundproof. Won't mind spending a bit for this one. Better than having to move out.