Help for pre employment medical check up

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by rima1026, Apr 23, 2012.

1. rima1026

rima1026 New IL'ite

HI,

One of my frens got an offer from US based IT MNC but in offer letter they have mentioned that its is subjected to pre employment medical checkup. What kind of tests can be there? She has mailed HR asking for details but they haven't replied yet.

Anyone has underwent medical tests? Please share your experience.

2. harikamahesh

harikamahesh Bronze IL'ite

Hi Rima1026...

S some companies may ask for medical checkup before joining....i too underwent the same...
    that may include general checkup ...
    Eye test,
    sugar
    BP
    Fitness
    bloodtest
    urine test...
    But no need to worry abt that.....Its common!!!
    Gud luk to ur frnd!!!! :)

3. rima1026

rima1026 New IL'ite

Hi Harika,

Thanks! I hope it goes well. and she is reported fit for the job :). we never knew that even IT companies have medical tests. Do they take the reports seriously, i mean for issues like cholestorel, high BP (which is very common these days), can her appointment be cancelled?

4. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

Yes Companies do take these tests seriously, hence spend money and time on the same

Appointment is generally not cancelled, esp in Indian companies, but DoJ may be defferred subject to getting clearance. I have gone thru this tension myslef. I had resgned in previous co, in new co. some heart checkups didnt seem consistent

I had to go for further stress (my cost) with company appointed/ nominated clinic and managed to get 'Ok.' although that period was nervous for me , it was good for me know that i may have some heart issue and that I need to take care :)

5. confused123

confused123 New IL'ite

Thanks!!i can imagine how scary it would be to resign and then getting the news that you are unfit for new job....i hope everything goes well