1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Help!! Fat free and Easy Mid morning and Mid afternoon snacks pls

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by galwidpassion, May 6, 2014.

1. galwidpassion

galwidpassion Silver IL'ite

Hi everyone, Can you please post any recipes for easy and fat free mid morning and mid afternoon snacks pls. I am trying to lose weight. so i can't eat the regular ones available at the canteen. I am trying to have six meals.

2. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

Add finely chopped onions and tomatoes to sprouted green gram, then add little chat masala ( no need of additional salt), squeeze little lemon juice and eat... its yummy....

Now there are three options, the same goes well with sprouts, soaked moong dhal and even roasted oats....

3. han412

han412 Gold IL'ite

I make green gram, mot, big cowpeas almost all grains that you like sprouted or not your choice. Soak for 8-10 hrs and then in pressure cooker add 1/2 tsp oil + turmeric+cumin powder+ coriander powder+ dry mango powder+chilli powder+salt then add the soaked grains and cook on high for 2 whistles and close the gas.
    It tastes yummy and low fat too and takes little time to prepare.

1 person likes this.
  4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

fruits also make wonderful snacking. apple/guava/watermelon..

I send these as snacks for the evening - sticks of carrots, cucumber or melon,apple, papaya..

you can also just take a few nuts as snack..not like fistful... you can also check out shiva's goody bag in her blog...

i make something similar to that.

2 people like this.
  5. blessbabydust

blessbabydust IL Hall of Fame

check shanvy blog for more yummy foodies that you can enjoy as snacks

1 person likes this.