Help Extended By Indus To Correct Spellings....

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback!' started by sunkan, Oct 3, 2007.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

hi friends,
    i hope you have noticed that indus has come up with a novel idea of adding the Microsoft word here in all our writings to help us correct the spellings whenever needed, now when we write you will notice the red line appearing under the word if the spelling is wrong and no slang here, because that also gets a red line, so one really take the trouble to re modify our statements to present it better, now to get the help right click near the word and the right word appears just click on it and it will replace your mistake..hope all have taken note of this and make use of this, this is just to bring it to your notice as i was replying and when i clicked on the quote the red lines appeared where it should had been corrected, so mentioning here, so you all will take note of these in your future articles ..it helps to improve our spellings...sunkan

Last edited: Oct 3, 2007

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi sunkan,

Yes it is a great feature where in you can correct the spellings. (It actually has the us dictionary activated) sometimes, there would be a confusion between the z and s as in organization but it is great.

I remember there is a a provision for look up into google in the same pull down menu..that is present sometimes...but not always...:-(

3. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Thats a wonderful feature, :clap :clap with most of our work on Comp, we have got weak in our spellings department, spell check has spoilt us. Now, I do not have to keep my MS Word open to check spellings whenever I type data in IL.... :wave

4. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Good addition. Thanks to Induslady and Jey.

5. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Indus team for this facility and also to Sunkan for bringing this information.
    sriniketan

6. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

hai friends,
    while on this did u notice that the ou is not allowed anymore, like favour which we have grown up with is favor now, the uk english has been removed we were studying only british english and now many things have been changed from s to z like realise and u get a red line to change to realize sunkan

Last edited: Oct 28, 2007
  7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sunkan,

Yes, this version is totally americanized...na..americanised!!
    I try to override it as I feel I owe my integrity to the British English..he he he...L, Kamla

8. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

hai kamala,
    wonderful to see u here, my looking at ur photograph i got reminded of a dialogue in sholay, i hope u know hindi or the mazaa is completely lost,

aap ki umar tho ithni nahi lagthi ki apke pothey hoan
    you dont look that old to be a grandmom
    shaadi jaldi ho gayi tho bache jaldi paida hue
    when married early had children coming soon
    bache ke shaadi jaldi ho gayi tho unke bache aa gaye
    children married early so i got my grand children fast..hahahahahah right kamla...sunkan