1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Help : Cracked and blackened Foot

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by shravanicool, Sep 7, 2009.

1. shravanicool

shravanicool Junior IL'ite

Hi,

My aunty's foot is cracked and blackened .It also Itches in the night. Please gimme a solution to this problem.

Regards,
    Shravanicool

2. Muktachabda

Muktachabda Senior IL'ite

Hi Shravani...

Here are some remedies to treat cracked heels:

-Apply any shortening or hydrogenated vegetable oil after washing the feet clean on dry and cracked areas of the feet. After applying a thick coat of shortening on the feet, wear a pair of thick socks. Leaving this application overnight can surely provide positive results in few days.

-Apply the pulp of a ripe banana on the dry or cracked area of the heel. Leave it on for 10 minutes and rinse it clean.

-Soak the feet in lemon juice for about 10minutes. Follow this therapy on a weekly basis until one finds a change.

-A daily regime of cleaning and moisturizing is a good cure for dry or cracked heels. At the end of the day soak the feet in warm soapy water for about 15 minutes. Rinse feet and pat dry. Make a healing mixture comprising of: one teaspoon Vaseline and the juice of one lemon. Rub this mixture onto the cracked heels and other required areas of the feet till it is thoroughly absorbed. This can be done daily until visible results are obtained.

-A regular application of a mixture of glycerin and rosewater is known to soothe and cure cracked heels.

-Another result oriented solution is to melt paraffin wax and mix it well with little mustard oil. Apply on the dry or cracked area of the heels. Rinse it off in the morning. A continuous application for 10 to15 days can achieve desirable results.

Here are some simple suggestions towards caring for the feet effortlessly:

-Keep feet clean and dirt free
    -Exercise the feet regularly
    -Alternate hot and cold water for a feet bath to soothe the feet
    -Moisturize and exfoliate the feet whenever possible
    -Avoid walking bare feet as much as possible.

Hope this helps your aunt..
    Regards...:)

3. Vrindavipul

Vrindavipul Bronze IL'ite

Hi Shravani,

Lots of Love,

Tell your aunt to apply shudh ghee before bedtime. It works wonder she will feel it. Please do reply to me if you fell a difference.

Best of luck :thumbsup

4. shel_28

shel_28 Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    To cure severe crack as of now ask your aunty to use Himalaya foot cream. It works. Within a week you can see good result. :) Then do regular foot care procedure to prevent from cracked heel.

5. anukv

anukv Bronze IL'ite

applying vaseline to feet regularly at nites helped me get rid of cracked feet...

6. Saila

Saila New IL'ite

To avoid the cracks of heels keep scrubbing the dead hard skin regularly and keep applying moisturizers or petroleum jelly to your feet, which will prevent your heels from getting cracks.

7. deva280579

deva280579 Senior IL'ite

Hi Shravani,

U can also use cream and other good medicines,, but apart from that, i have a solution for this, my sister had the same problem, and she did like take a bucket of hot water(not so hot, upto resisting heat) and put dettol in it, and keep the legs inside the hotwater for 15 minutes it will be somehow like massaging and thats a good treatment, its not only for that cracks, generaly everyone can use it, it helps cleaning the tiny dirt from our legs and make our foot shining always.

Please let me know if i post anything wrong

reg's
    Deva

8. Foundlove

Foundlove Gold IL'ite

Buy good quality foot scraper which has scraper on one side and emery paper on other side.

Soak the feet in warm soapy water and yes Dettol is good as well.
    Scrub each feet first with scraper and then with emery paper.
    Wash it clean.
    After drying apply moisturiser and wear socks.

Using pumice stone daily or scraper daily will resolve the issue permanently.

Good Luck.