HELP Child and I afraid for our lives

Discussion in 'IL'ites in Sharjah' started by indistress, Mar 21, 2011.

1. indistress

indistress New IL'ite

I am a housewife in Sharjah. My husband has been physically and verbally abusing me continuously. Ithas got from bad to worse and I am scared for my and my child's life. I am scared to go to the Sharjah police as they may not understand a woman's issue. They may go by local expectations that a man has the right to abuse his wife. I spoke to the Indian consulate. They have said that I will have to go the police and complain. I am scared to do this. Can anyone in this forum help? Please.. please.. I want to go back to India..

2. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Dear Indistress,

Consulate should help you here. Whom did you call?? Please explain in detail.

regards

3. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

Consulate should help.

As an alternative,

COntact your parents and ask them to arrange for ticket. They can send an e-ticket for you. You just need to print out and go.

Or DO you have any friends who could help to buy you plane tickets to india.

or See if you can sell your jewellery to buy a plane ticket

Try and get out of the house and country as soon as you can.

4. Priyaalagu

Priyaalagu Silver IL'ite

I think there are many IL's n Sharjah who might help you. Just post in the Sharjah thread to find help from other IL's & their family so you might feel bit relaxed.

5. indistress

indistress New IL'ite

My mother is here to take me back, but he is not allowing us to leave. I am worried that since I have a dependant visa, if he calls the police when I go to the airport, I may be arrested. He has treatened to tell the police, I am a lady of loose character and get me arrested. I am worried for the life of my 4 year old son. My husband just doesn't know what he does, when he gets angry. He gets physically, verbally and sexually abusive. I am worried if I go to the police, they may say as per local law, a husband has the right to beat his wife. In that case, he may get more violent. My mother is also old and he has treatened to throw her out with her baggage. I just don't know how risky it is to go to the police. Someone said I might be sent to a remand home or shelter. I don't want to go any such place. I have friends, I can count on. However, I am concerned that my husband will get them also into trouble. He has been saying that if anyone helps me, he will prove that they run prostitution business and get them arrested. Can someone throw light on how the police will react in Sharjah. I also don't want to leave my son behind.

Thanks for immediate replies. My friend is posting this on my behalf.

6. indistress

indistress New IL'ite

One of you wanted to know the person I spoke to at the consulate. Spoke to a person called Mr. Bharadwaj at the Indian Consulate.

Can someone revert back on Sharjan police experience...

7. shosasubu

shosasubu New IL'ite

Dear Indistress,

First of all,don't panic.stay calm. You have to be strong gor your son's sake. The best option you have is to file a complaint with the police.You don't have to directly go to them,a phone call will also be enough. The consulate can take action only if a police complaint is filed. One of my acquaintances in Shj was in a similar situation,and her neighbours called the police ,who arrived promptly to her place and took action. But you will have to make a complaint. That is very imp,as otherwise it will be treated as a domestic issue between the spouses. Alternatively,you can contact the Dubai Foundation for Women AND Children (DFWAC),which is a shelter for women. Their website is ;www.dfwac.ae.Take care and be strong.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  8. priyanka2009

priyanka2009 New IL'ite

hello indistress - You need to be calm and collected yourself and take care of your son.

Pls report this to police , don't worry they will surely take action.

I am posting a Gulf news link where police have said that abuse cases are taken seriously.

gulfnews : Sharjah police tell women to report abuses

9. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

10. indistress

indistress New IL'ite

Just want to let you all know, I managed to leave the country. Based on all the replies, I took courage and steppped out an afternoon straight to the airport and flew to India.. thanks for all your prompt replies..

2 people like this.