Help ... And Inputs For Food Processor

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by sherinl, Jun 30, 2019.

1. sherinl

sherinl Junior IL'ite

Hi .. I am looking to buy a Food Processor .... I was almost going to buy Preethi Zodiac when I realized the juicer isn't up to mark and the vibrations .... I don't want to go for the bulky specialty juicer considering most kitchens aren't large anymore ... but if these are options I will do that ... as juicing is important for me and the major part of FP usage. Detailed answers regarding this will be useful.

I survive on juices a lot ... so the coconut milk and hard veggies juicing is important than blending and smoothies for me.

So, I need a food processor for the following tasks mainly:

Chopping / Shredding / Grating
    Juicing & Coconut Milk Extraction
    Batter for Dosa - Dal Dosas

So, I am thinking between:
    Buy Singer Foodista Plus 600 Watts Food Processor with 14 Attachments Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

Buy Usha Food Processor (2663) 600-Watt with 3 Jars (White) Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

Buy Philips Food Processor HL1661 700Watts with Chutney Jar Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

While I know Philips has service & parts support better than the other two ... I would like inputs for the other two as they have more attachments for coarse grating and slicing ... the common aspect for the three is the centrifugal juicer which am interested in for juicing hard veggies like carrot, beets and coconut without having to filter.

Can you give me your inputs those who've used these? in terms of wear and tear, usage ease, heavy duty, etc?

& This:

Buy Pigeon by Stovekraft Sapphire 12691 400-Watt Juicer Mixer Grinder (Multicolor) Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

Thanks a lot for all your help.

Best Regards

2. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

I didn't read your complete post, answer based on first few lines.

Just like youi was keen about just juicer, at that time Preethi impressed me.. I'm using this since 2 years, it made my work simple, hassle free cleaning, body is also strong. Near future I can't imagine any other brand can impress me.

One of my friend also bought this once after she saw the performance.

I used veggies chopper(hardly 2 mins it takes), dough making, juicer. Superb. I didn't used grater, orange juice maker in this.

All the best :)

sherinl likes this.
  3. rachaputi

And one main concern to buy this mixer is, I can remove the rubber and clean it. In other(few) you don't have that option

4. sherinl

sherinl Junior IL'ite

Hello,

First, thank you very much for reply. I have used Preethi Mixer and personally know it's sturdy and gets the job done better than other mixers. That's another reason I was happy when they launched FP.

My only concern with the juicer is that half of the juice remains in the pulp ... which means, I have to use the filter to extract it. My main idea of juicing is due to one of my health issues that leaves me unable to have solid food at times ... so juicing is important for me without additional frills and easy cleaning is another consideration.

That's why I settled for a centrifugal juicer in hopes I can go for the Sujatha juicer later if needed ... but at present an FP with centrifugal juicer should help me with juicing carrots and beets fully without needing me to rework on the pulp. I hope you can understand this part and that's why I am even considering the Philips as it has centrifugal juicer and so does Usha and Singer and Signoraware.

That's why the need for inputs from users.

Best Regards

5. rachaputi

I have a doubt, you can use juicer jar without filter too.. right? Or am I missing something in your post?

6. sherinl

sherinl Junior IL'ite

Yes, can use without filter too for shakes and smoothies ... for a frothy drink ... it's the carrots, beets or coconuts that need filtering after juicing it and the juice extractor (the filter attachment) doesn't extract the juice completely .. .so we have to manually filter it again ...

By going with centrifugal juicer this can be avoided ... while the attachment in FP is good ... proper centrifugal juicer like Sujatha is best ... but am hoping I can start with the FP attachment first ...