1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Hellp !!

Discussion in 'Immigration Matters' started by EagerForInfo, Jan 3, 2022.

1. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

Hello

How do I stop my husbands family from coming to the US ?

My husband sisters family is very rude to me when I go to India. Now they want to send their 24 year old daughter to the us. I heard my husband taking to them

Boils my blood to hear that. Moreover my husband got us citizenship through me.
    Those weasels are getting everything through me.
    But don’t even give me the minimum respect.
    What are my avenues to stop her from coming to US.

Today my husband was asking for my w2 forms. Are they needed for the sponsorship ? Should I say I did not get them from my employer.
    The dirty weasels.
    Even my husband does not do anything for me saying I’m using him to do my chores as he got citizenship from me. With a newborn baby I was alone while he worked two three jobs to buy his mom a car. He did not even buy food for me. It’s not fair.

how do I stop that girl from coming to US ?
    If they so desire to come to us let her come on her own means. Why does she need to come “through my husband “ who got it through me ??
    Help !! I know I sound like a witch too but if you know any of the stories about the nuisance they have put me through you will agree with me ! I promise ! But now I need suggestions !!

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

You can’t stop anyone from coming to the US unless they depend on you directly for the visa. Since your husband is working he can supply the required documents to his niece. Is she coming to work, to study or as a tourist? She will have to clear the visa interview on her own.
    There is no need for you to provide anything.

sandhya2020 likes this.
  3. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

I really don’t know the details. Like I said he has not even mentioned this. I overheard the conversation. When I yelled at him this morning he said sarcastically are u going to fill out the sponsorship papers for me ? And side tracked it. He is a smooth talker. But it is confirmed that I heard right.

4. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

If anyone has any other suggestions on how to prevent them from coming and moreover having to treat that girl at my house please tell me.

5. chanchitra

chanchitra Platinum IL'ite

You don't have to take care of that girl if you don't want to.
    Wait and get all details.

Rihana likes this.
  6. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

I can wait but am scared it will be too late.
    I did not know my in laws were coming to us until a week before their flight. I’m sick of this nonsense. Like I said when they illtreat me in their house which is in a village why should they be eligible to experience luxuries in the us.

It’s not fair. I am not an angel with such a nice heart.

7. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

Yes it is my fault too for agreeing to the marriage. Should have known that being born in the US i would be expected to live in one of the smallest villages in India if needed.
    To add to that ill treatment by uneducated in-laws in a measly smallest village of India. Should have known better.

But my relatives said that being in us I would not need to worry about the uneducated relatives. It was a mistake. But how do I avoid this now.
    I get vacations in an Indian village they get vacations in the US. it is not fair.

my parents raised me with all morals and values being born in US. But unfortunately I don’t see those in Indian raised families. ( no offense intended. ). I am just saying this so you will realize I have never misbehaved with them. Still give them respect. Yes. My parents raised me for 12 years in India too to be indianized. They have done everything right except this marriage.

8. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

And yes my moms parents lived in a village too. I lived with my moms parents too for a long time. I have no offense to villages. But my in laws village is one of a kind.
    I am just explaining all this so you realize I am not discriminating against India or villages.

I have lived in India half of my life and spent numerous summer holidays in villages as well with my moms parents.

9. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

Can barely sleep. Please give suggestions if u can.

10. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

he cannot sponsor. us citizens can sponser their parents (takes 6 months) and sibling sponser (takes years). Here is a daughter of a sibling not sure about relationship. cannot sponser.

max she can come in b1 visitor visa. has to return back in 6 months or otherwise she is illegal.

chanchitra and indubalram like this.