Hello to July 2008 Nominees !!!!

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by ssubhasr, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Hi Subha,
    It shouldnt be a problem travelling as long as you have no other pregnancy - complications. You should probably call your OB and confirm though. Make frequent stops and stretch your legs (and take bathroom breaks) and you should do great. And ask your DH to drive carefully!

Vanathi.

2. ursnegithi

ursnegithi Senior IL'ite

Hi Shuba,

Even we were planning to go on a trip to CT...When I asked my OB/GYN, he said it should be a problem when you have a normal pregnancy without complications...But As Vanathi said, he asked me to take frequent breaks and streatch a lot. Drink lots of water and make sure you take enought fluids....Have a safe and wonderful trip Shuba and dont froget your seat belt...My luv to your little one....

Take care
    Sri

3. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Hi Vanathi
    Thank you so much...I have my next check-up on coming friday. (Have some Gestational Diabetes test). That time I will ask the doctor.BowBowBow

4. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Hi Sri
    Thank you pa....
    Even when I was in my 12th week, we went to NY - jus to have a long drive in our new car. That I called the doctor and she said its not a problem. We took nearly 4 breaks. I prepared chapathis, Podi Dosaas and took one full orange juice bottle. It was more than enough for us. As we took nearly 4 breaks, it took around 9 hrs completely to reach NY with the minimal speed of 65ml/hr.
    Dont wry my hubby is very very careful & very gud in driving....though he started driving only in US.
    In which week r u in ?

5. ursnegithi

ursnegithi Senior IL'ite

Oh thats good Shuba, but dont strain yourself in preparing too many things, dont over exhaust yourself, you will require all those energy for the long drive...

I have entered into 26th week today...my EDD is on 9th of july...What about yours?

Know what reading your post addressing Vanathi, i remembered that i too have my Gestational Diabetes test tomorrow. Thanks dear for reminding...

So when are you due? how is your back pain now? better any better? did you purchase that water bottle bag? Let me know how you feel about it, even i am planning one.

Sri

6. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Hi Sri

Wow! I too entered the 26th week yesterday....Hope we are sailing on the same boat.....Hope to have delivery at the same time !!! thats amazing pa!!!

Regarding my due date, the doctor said it will be between 8-15th of July.

Am yet to buy the hot water bag. I enquired in Walmart & Costco. Need to enquire in CVS pharmacy. Will update u as soon as I get one. Now-a-days am applying zandu Balm for pain relief.

BTW, is the baby started kicking ?!! how do u feel? do u know the gendre ?

Where are u exactly in US ?

Last edited: Apr 1, 2008
  7. ursnegithi

ursnegithi Senior IL'ite

Thats wonderful Shuba, yes both of us are indeed sailing on the same boat...Glad to have a company...Lets rock...

I am having a baby girl and yes she is quite active these days...I love when she kicks me and moves around...Gives me an assurance that she is safe and sound inside....what about you? what baby are you having? how do you feel? I reside in Northern VA and work in DC....Do let me know once you buy the water bag, One of my frnd told me that we will badly require it during labour ...

my luv to your little one...

8. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Hi Sri

Hey its a baby girl is it ? Thats gr8! We have told the doctor that we dont want to know the gender and want to enjoy the surprise. So we will be buying the kid's related stuffs like car seat/travel set in unisex colours. But we have already selected one name for baby girl & one for baby boy. Have you chosen any name for her ? Who is coming to help you during ur delivery ?

Actually day before yesterday only I could feel the first kick of my baby. And then only thrice I cold feel till yesterday night. But today it was like - I couldn't say anything. As I din sleep well during night, I jus wanted to extend my sleep till 10/11 in the morning. But the baby din sleep I think. It din allow me to sleep and kept on kicking and moving. I was thrilled and very happy to feel it. But my only concern is that I couldn't feel the same frequently. Moreover, my tummy din show till now. No one have a clue that am in 26th week. Its jus seems to be like 3/4 months.

Pl do share your experiences.....

BTW whered do you work ? How you are managing ? Bcoz though am at home (in H4:-( ) I couldn't read for my exams. Feel tired or something. Dont feel like reading.....

9. ursnegithi

ursnegithi Senior IL'ite

Good that you have selected the names...we have a big list, we are so confused to pick on out of them, guess we would pick only after the baby is born...And we are planning to register and select things from "Babies R US" and other stores, and will pick the items after the baby is born...Know what my inlaws are very conservative and orthodox that too my Patti inlaw she is very strict in all these things, and we too felt if an elderly woman like patti says something , it should be correct, so we left to her choice, we will bring the items after the kid is born...but will chose and register all the items before hand...

By the way dont worry abt the babies kicks...initially you will not feel them frequently...baby might have been awake when you are sleeping, so you might not have felt the baby when you are fast asleep and i do agree with you on sleeping thro nights...i am also not able to sleep in the nights , i get enough sleep only in the mornigns...so i try to go to bed by 8 in the night so that i will roll over for 3 4 hrs and then go to sleep...what to do I have to go to the office next day...But other than the sleeping problem, i am quite normal, occasional back pains even that i heard is normal...so no complaints...

Reading, i can read novels, but serious preparation even i lack in them, dont worry Shuba i know its difficult to concentrate on something serious these days, its the same for me even, so dont worry...

Hey good yaar that you dont show up till now, you can wear all your regular cloths na,...even i didnt show up till last 15 days...now you know what none of my dresses fit...what does your doc tell you on your last visit about not showing up? how is the baby's heartbeat and all...when thats normal you Dont have to worry about anything

Cheerup and there to give company...Take care dear

10. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Hi Sri

We dont have grand parents either sides....My grandma (my mom's mom) expired the next day of my Engagement. She din even see my hubby or his photo. I felt really bad as ppl told me not to go & see her bcoz of the marriage. Leave it......

What your paatti is telling, pl let me also know about that. My in-lwas din say anything abt purchasing for baby....

Yeah the doctor said the baby is fine...i din ask her abt my tummy, as ppl started askingme only after my march month checkup. This friday i have my regular checkup. will definitely ask the doctor.

Keep sharing....