Hello September 2008 mommies

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by padmavathy, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

Hi All,

Looks like I am the odd one out with a baby boy expected ... though I was more inclined towards a girl .. ahh there is always next time!

I am 13 weeks from my due date now. Baby's kicking ..but he has his on and off days. Still not decided on name. Began some shopping with the purchase of an armoire and a changing table. Next on list is a co-sleeper or mini-crib, not decided which one to get yet. I do have gestational diabetes so on medication and taking my blood sugars several times a day :-(

I do get tired more often but have learnt to space my work. I work for 15 minutes, take a break for 15 and then get back to work. Last week I stood for an hour making parathas for my visiting brother and my back hurt for 2 whole days! Afternoon naps also help.

My appetite has also increased tremendously in the past week. God knows how much I will weigh at the next checkup .. so far I have only gained a net of 5 pounds in my pregnancy and I think the baby thinks I need to gain much more now!

Hope all's well with everyone! Wishing you an enjoyable rest of the journey to motherhood!

2. radhee

radhee Bronze IL'ite

Hi padma, priya, pooja, hemsat, and raji,

Raji...welcome to the club!

Wow...there are 6 of us here, sep mommies...I think padma & priya are due first week of september, hemsat and myself mid september, raji last week september, and Pooja...when are u due? let us know.

Let us all try to keep updated of each other throughout this pregnancy and keep in constant touch.

How are you all doing? How are your babies doing? My tummy started showing up obviously from this 6th month onwards. and the good news is that i have started gaining weight. Till the end of 5th month, there was no weight gain becos of all the vomiting. I have gained around 2 or 3 kg now, so i am happy abt that. How much have you all gained?

Baby movements, yes...I started feeling them from the 19th week onward. It feels like gas and the location is everywhere..! Do you all notice any pattern to the movements? My baby kicks me like anything when it is time to eat, i think it kicks more when it is hungry. After i eat, it quietens down. So these days, i have started eating every 3 to 4 hours before my baby starts kicking me! I feel he is more active in the evenings. Sometimes I feel he is jumping up and down on my bladder, this movement is a little uncomfortable and making me visit the loo much too often! Kicking on the sides is not uncomfortable at all and I have got used to that. I can feel the movements very often.

Pooja, yes me too carrying a boy...As i told you girls, hubby and I really wanted a girl baby, but now we have come to terms with the fact that it is a boy! Anyway, it is a gift from God and we should be happy that the baby is healthy and fine, irrespective of the gender. There is always a next time for a girl. The doctor did not reveal the gender to us, but I listened to his dictation to his secretary who types the results on the computer. He used a technical word to refer to the sex of the baby as in India it is illegal to reveal the gender.

Raji..try to sleep on the side with a pillow slightly under your tummy. This will support your tummy well. The pillow should start from below ur bust and end near the thighs or between the thighs, whichever is comfortable. If you are sleeping on your back, which is unavoidable sometimes, keep pillows underneath ur knees or calf.

Padma, i am not going for walking regularly at all and everyone is complaining abt that. I wait for my hubby to accompany me. When he comes early, we go. otherwise, we dont. I will start going regularly after going to mom's place, i.e. 7th month. What about others? Going for walking?

Forgot to tell, i am leaving to my mom's place in 2 weeks' time, looking forward to having mom's food! Only thing is I will be missing my hubby terribly...

ok girls...take care and keep in touch...let us share all our highs and lows and be supportive for each other through this entire pregnancy.

Radhee.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2008
  3. Raji09

Raji09 New IL'ite

Hi Radhee and others,

Thank you for the tips.

I started feeling baby movements (kicks feeling like tapping). I feel happy whenever she kicks. Mostly, when I feel hungry or happy or relaxed she kicks. And also I think she understands my feelings because I have a colleague who is a cranky person. She always try to dominate me. When that colleague comes to me, I feel irritated inside and I dont know why but I feel my baby kicks that time. I feel funny and immediately I smile or laugh. My colleague is confused nowadays. Harhar

Lot of fun because of baby now.

Raji

4. Monsi

Monsi Bronze IL'ite

Hey all !
    My EDD is sept 5th. Congratulations and best of luck to all the ladies out there
    :party

5. radhee

radhee Bronze IL'ite

Hi Monsi,

Congratulations and welcome to the club! So that makes 7 of us out here, sept mommies..Do keep us updated on what is happening at your end. Gud luck!

Radhee.

6. hemsat

hemsat New IL'ite

Hi ladies,

Anyone experiencing pelvic pain? I have been noticing it for around a week from now. It is more painful when I stand or walk for longer duration of time and when I get up at midnight to go to restroom. Nowadays I feel a lot of heaviness in my pelvic region.Friends, is it normal at this time?

7. Happysoul1234

Hi Hemsat,

I was experiencing pelvic pain too .. especially while walking and lying down at night. asked my ob-gyn about it last week and she said by this time, most babies are head down and the baby's head moving against the pelvic region can cause the pain. As long as there is no bleeding, swelling or fluid leakage, you are fine!

Pooja

8. hemsat

hemsat New IL'ite

Hi Pooja,

Thanks a lot! It was so relieving to hear that! I had my Glucose tolerance test this week. Thankfully, the result was normal. I was just on the cut-off for both glucose test and anaemia. I have to watch my diet though. I just can't resist something I think of and give in to my cravings. I got to watch my weight too.I just wish a healthy,safe and normal delivery for all of us here.

Happy Pregnancy to everyone here!!

9. radhee

radhee Bronze IL'ite

Hemsat,

I am feeling very heavy in the pelvic region, especially in the evenings...donno why! And do have something like mild cramps off and on...not a pain exactly...Guess its normal. Gud to note ur GTT came out normal.

Ladies..Me diagnosed with GD now, results came just yday. My doctor wants the level to be 120 PP and 80 fasting. Anything above 120, she says is GD. Mine was 177. She has put me on a strict diet and asked to take another test in a couple of days..How about you girls...what are your levels...

Secondly, how much weight have you all gained by now? I am not gaining much weight...

How are others doing..no news from padma and priya for a long time...hope they are doing well too...

Pooja, looks like you have got all things ready for your little one! That was a great list that you had posted under the nursery thread...

Fine girls...keep in touch and keep updated...

Radhee.

10. Happysoul1234

Hi Radhee,

Dont worry abt the GTT. I am in the same boat. Actually I had impaired glucose tolerance even before getting pregnant so they knew I was going to get GD. I was on diet and medicines as soon as I got pregnant. So far, my net weight gain has been a measly 5 pounds. But doc says that is fine because I was a bit overweight to begin with and too much weight gain would not be good for the kid.

did u get a blood sugar monitor? and did they put you on insulin or glyburide? any dietician appts?

let me know if you need any tips .. i have been dealign with this for past 7 months now!

pooja