Hello September 2008 mommies

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by padmavathy, Feb 27, 2008.

1. padmavathy

padmavathy New IL'ite

Hey gals..,

How r u all dng?
    Went to my 16th week check uo and things went gud..,
    Waiting for my next check up ., the big ultra sound one..,
    My Nausea and vomitting have stopped and feeling much better now..,
    How abt u guys..,
    Do keep updated.,
    take care.,

2. radhee

radhee Bronze IL'ite

Hi padma,

Gr8 to know ur morning sickness has subsided. Mine is still there! Now I feel it is more frequent Rant. I was taking a tablet for morning sickness prescribed by my doc, but during my visit last week, she stopped that. My 4th week has started and she has given added calcium, iron, and vitamin E tablets. For me, taking tablets has always been a problem. Now I have started taking it with 7-up rather than water, which i feel is better. So you are waiting for the anomaly scan which they take in the 5th month? I heard it is a nice experience. Do tell us how it went. All the best.

Hi hemsat,

Howz ur nausea and vomiting now? Mine does not seem to subside as yet. I really hope it does not continue throughout my pregnancy. You had asked abt vitamins. I am taking folic acid and now calcium, iron, and vitamin E. So has ur stomach started showing? Mine is showing a little.

Radhee.

3. hemsat

hemsat New IL'ite

Hi ladies,

My nausea has calmed down a lot but still it is unpredictable.By the time I think I am done with it, I start throwing up. Morning sickness still persists. I take tender coconut water in the morning after vomiting.It makes me feel a lot better and gives me a feeling of well-being.My doctor won't allow me to discontinue with those vitamin tablets however uncomfortable I may feel. They are asking me to try out other vitamin tablets till i feel tolerant to some vitamin tablet.How I hate taking those tablets!bonk For the last couple of days, hunger would wake me up in the middle of night! I have been getting up twice or thrice in the middle of night to have some food and go back to sleep..not getting good sleep thesedays! Baby bump is beggining to show and have already started shopping maternity clothes!!! How about you ladies?? Keep posting!!

4. hemsat

hemsat New IL'ite

Hi ladies,

Yesterday, I checked my weight and quite surprised to see that I have gained about 8-9 pounds so far in my 15 weeks of pregnancy. I fear it is a bit above normal and want to know if this much weight gain is normal in first 4 months or excess.I think I should look back at my diet carefully.:? Ladies, how much weight have you gained?

5. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Hemsat...sorry to intrude, but I just wanted to reply to the weight gain question. Yes it is definitely on the high side and as you yourself have said you need to take a look at your diet. At this point a weight gain of 3-4 lbs is all that is expected. The rest will most likely go into your body fat stores and will be difficult to get rid of later.

Vanathi.

6. radhee

radhee Bronze IL'ite

hi ladies,

The last couple of days, i had a severe bout of diarrhea with severe unbearable upper abdominal pain and vomiting. I thought i would have to be admitted, but thank God, it has subsided now. Just recovering from all that.

Regarding weight, I have actually lost weight with all the nausea and vomiting. I have lost abt 1.5 kg, is it okay...I am just little too worried.

Moreoever, my friend told me that one can feel a bump beneath the navel area. Actually, i dont feel that. My body type is little bulky already. Is it becos of that i am unable to feel yet? i am little worried....when i went to the doctor for the last checkup, she wrote in her notes that uterus was not palpable. Is it normal...plssssssss someone tell me...

Vanathi, how are you? Could not see your posts for a long time? how is adhu doing?

Take care all of you,

Radhee.

7. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Radhee..I'm fine. Was a little busy with Aadhu's mottai. Dont worry abt the weight loss. I'm sure you'll make up for it in the days to come. After an illness its quite normal to lose some weight and its most likely water weight so drink lots of fluids and you'll be fine. The uterus usually comes out of the pelvis and can be felt abdominally after 12 weeks. But if you have a bit of fat in your tummy that may be difficult. A much better way is of course by scan. Anyway it is more important for the doctor to see you at regular intervals to check uterus size and if she is not worried then you shouldnt be either. So look after yourself and the baby will do just fine.

Vanathi.

8. radhee

radhee Bronze IL'ite

Hi Vanathi,

Thanks so much for the reassurance. I hope everything is fine. Yeah, the doctor was not worried. She asked me to come after a month for monthly checkup. Perhaps, its becos of my belly fat, i am not able to feel any bump.

I have one more query...I tend to vomit exactly 1 hour after taking my iron tablet at night. This pattern has been going on ever since i started taking iron, so i guess thats the culprit. Have u had a similar experience? Shd the iron tablet be taken in an empty stomach?

So Aadhu is mottai now...thats nice! He is growing so fast na! He must be keeping you on your toes all the time..:)

Radhee.

9. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Ideally iron should be taken on an empty stomach as food may interfere with iron absorption. But i could never tolerate iron that way, so I used to take it after dinner before bed. The other thing you can do is ask your doc to change the brand, some brands are better tolerated by some people than others.

Vanathi.

10. radhee

radhee Bronze IL'ite

Mmmh...Then I should definitely try to change the brand. If not, this is not getting me anywhere! Witsend

Radhee