Hello October 2008 Mommies!!

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by Vnbaby, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

Hi V n Baby,
    Hope you'll feel better soon and hope you have a safe trip to India. Like the others have mentioned there's no connection between being active earlier and suffering in the 1st trimester. As for me I have been pretty active all my life and I actually had severe bouts of nausea and vomiting in my 1st trimester and less often but even now it exists. But I managed to defend my dissertation and finish my projects at school during my 1st and 2nd trimester. So its just different with every one and also with every pregnancy in the same woman too. Anyway rest well and am sure you'll feel much better amidst your family. Keep us updated.
    -L.

2. Vnbaby

Vnbaby Senior IL'ite

Hi Friends!!

Thanks Vanathi, Suji, and Lavanya for your quick responses and clearing my doubt.

Okkkkk so its nothing to do with my activeness before pregnancy .....then it must be my loneliness here in US which is making me sick in my first trimester. But now I am happy that I am about to complete my 1 trimester and already started feeling better and feel like eating also :clap.

Best thing is I am going back to India :yes:.

Take care
    V n baby

3. chittidallas

chittidallas New IL'ite

Hi V n Baby,

I am also includede in October mommies list. I did not get a chance to reply in the OCT due date calender.

It is good to hear that you are feeling better now and going to India. All the best.

I am also travelling on same boat like you.

Thanks,
    Chitti

4. Vnbaby

Vnbaby Senior IL'ite

Hi Chitti!!

I just cant describe to you that how much happy I am to see your reply in this thread :welcome A warm welcome to the club. I am sorry I didnt reply to you earlier actually I dont know how I missed your reply otherwise usually I daily check due date clubs and read other threads of different months mommies.

I was feeling like I am sitting alone in a big building of october due date club :hide:...he he....I know .....my imagination is pretty good but now I have a friend to share my experiences with and who is sailing in the same boat and sitting with me in the club's building ;-).

I was waiting for your reply in First visit to OBGYN. So how was your first visit? Do share with us.

I went to doctor last week for my third visit. She checked my babies heart beat with doppler it was quite clear to me :wowbut my DH was getting confused between mine and babies heart beat then she made it clear by checking my heart beat first it was slow and then babies heart beat which was almost double of mine. In my next visit she is going to take blood sample for AFP screening. I hate these blood tests and all ........I hate needles:crazy. In my last visit I was telling my DH I dont know how am going to handle this delivery if I am so much scared of needlesbonk.

Take Care
    V n baby

5. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

Hey V n baby... hang in there... so when do you get to leave to India? Have you already found a doc there?

-L.

6. radhee

radhee Bronze IL'ite

Hi vnbaby,

How are you doing? Long time since we spoke. Has ur nausea subsided? Mine still there after starting iron tablets...Has ur doctor started iron and calcium tablets etc? Are u able to tolerate them? So you are going back to India for delivery...When are you leaving? I will be going to my mom's place by July...Earlier we were planning to have my delivery in Chennai, but now my SIL has also concieved and will be coming here, so it will be difficult if both of us are in the same house...so I have decided to go to my mom's place.

If you dont have too many people in october mommies club, you can join the september club...there are 3 of us already there...Your due date is not too far away from ours na..

fine then, take care...

Radhee.

7. chittidallas

chittidallas New IL'ite

Hi VnBaby,

I am very sorry that I am unable to share all my experiences in this thread, because I am not surffing frequently.
    I am happy to tell you that, my first GYN visit went pretty good. In my first visit, GYN
    did some basic tests and she has suggested me to try 3 kinds of vitamin tablets for 1 1/2 week and asked me to choose one of them. and she was explaining all about 3 trimester stages and how we go through taking food etc etc..... overall it was ok. But i would say my 2nd visit was excellent and thrilling.:clap On my 2nd visit, this time they did baby's sonogram and listened the Baby's HB. My eyes almost filled with water..... :2thumbsup:. this was taken on my 9th week. that was really gr8 experience at the same time unforgettable one. i saw the baby length not even around an inch, i think. it was very little, can't even figure out baby ..... but that was gr8 day. and the doctor suggested us to take one more nucal sonogram on my 12 week which is an optional one. on my 12 th week we went to take nucal sonogram which includes sequential screening test. before test was taken, doctor given us complete detailed info about the test etc....
    that was more and more gr8 experience i had next. that day my baby was almost looks like grown up baby (like 3 inches long), i could see her head, arms, legs...beautiful. when i see that, i forget all the problems i am facing through, it felt like all these nausea etc was nothing, once you see your baby. i think every women feel the same right?.... Still in my eyes i could see that baby..... :wow:wow:wow
    I am glad and pray to god that to give the strength that i need to give a birth to a baby........

Once again i am sorry if i am not replying soon.....

Thanks,
    Chitti.

8. chittidallas

chittidallas New IL'ite

Hey VnBaby,
    Ya dnt worry, giving blood almost on every visit, sometimes making us scared...but dnt worry. every time before i go to visit doctor, inside i will prepare myself that "ok, every girl will face all these, so i am not the new one and i pray to god, give me the strength and confidence". that is all you need to do, then you will be fine. :coffee

everytime mother should make herself motivated and she has to belief everything that "Yes, i can do this. that is fine, whatever i pray to god, he is really there to help us". please think in positive all the time, even though you have any feelings. mother's self confidence and positive thinking are most priority ones we need right now. we need to motivate ourselves.:confused: be cool... :cool2:

whatever we hate, we should start loving them atleast until baby comes out. i know this is very hard to go through......
    we are all going through and feeling same way. Believe that nothing will go wrong unless you are not overly worried. ok.....

Be happy...
    "Happy Days Happy Days Happy Days" are ahead of us and waiting for our smiles......:cheers:cheers
    Listening to god's songs/watching devotional movies sometimes help us really relax and peaceful .... try to listen happy and devotional slow songs...
    BTW, When are you going to India? once you go there will you surf this site or not?
    what about your plans?

Cheers :cheers
    Chitti.

9. Vnbaby

Vnbaby Senior IL'ite

Hi Lavanya, Radhika, Chitti

I am sorry for replying late. Due to nausea and fatigue I just dont feel like typing. Though it is subsiding slowly at least till evening I dont feel any nausea but as soon as I go in kitchen to cook dinner it comes back to haunt me Rant. I just cant tolerate smell of raw or cooked onions and being north Indian its really hard to avoid onion in food. Because of me my poor DH is also eating onionless food :-(. When I use onions in sabzis like bhindi or alu gobhi(in which I cant avoid it) I just cant eat it then.
    So having a hard time in cooking and eating shakehead selfcooked food as a result I lost 3 kgs weight. Thats why everybody in india my parents, in-laws want me to come back.

Take care
    V n baby

Last edited: Apr 23, 2008
  10. Vnbaby

Vnbaby Senior IL'ite

Hi Lavanya!!

I am planning to leave in june or july for India depends upon availability of ticket. Its our own country yaar and we have many doctor friends there, thanks a lot for your concern Bow.

I want to know something Lavanya are you a Doctor I am asking because the way you answer everybody's questions in so much clear details, It really impresses me :2thumbsup:. And you know what I am so much excited about your delivery because you are only one I know whose delivery time is so much close. So how it feels like to be(if I am not wrong) eight months pregnant? Does it really gets difficult :hide: to carry in last months because you put up so much weight, have backaches, sometimes contractions like feelings, too frequent trips to toilet(most annoying for me), by this time you get so impatient to see your baby, etc. etc. tell us in detail friend.

Take care
    V n baby