Hello October 2008 Mommies!!

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by Vnbaby, Feb 26, 2008.

1. meena_arun

meena_arun Senior IL'ite

Hi Frens,
    How r u all? Hope all of u r doing great.

Mridhu and VnBaby, Good that ur parents or inlaws will be visiting you soon. Even my mom came here last week. Its nice to have some kind of elderly support near you now.

So how r u all feeling. By now the baby wud have descended down for most of us. Am getting lots and lots of pelvic pressure and pain now a days. Did any of you see some early symptoms for labor. weeks before labor our mucus plug comes out it seems, the baby descends down (called as lightening), or frequent braxton hicks, blood tinged mucus or anything else might happen.

I had my regular doctor visit yesterday and during the fetal monitoring I had a couple of braxton hicks contractions. She felt my tummy and told that I may go into labor early :shock: :confused2: . I am not sure if i may go in early, cos I am not feeling any of the early lobor symptoms except for a very few braxton hicks and pelvic region pain (but I have been having this pain since 5th month - oops!!!!)

Any of u, do u have a feeling that u may go in early?

Have u all packed ur pregnancy bag (bag to the hospital for labor)?
    I packed the following items in the bag: a couple of nighties, nursing bra's, towels, sanitary napkins, sour candies, comb, hair bands, soap, brush, paste, socks and some slogam books. Is there anything else that we might need during or after labor during the hospital stay for us. I am yet to pack the bag for the baby. What are the specific things that we need to pack for the baby?

Other Oct mommies, share ur experiences also with us.

2. Vnbaby

Vnbaby Senior IL'ite

Hi Meena,

I am also having stronger braxton hicks since last weekend as it was very exhausting for me :spin. Some of our friends visited us though they helped me in everything but as you must be experiencing also even a little bit of extra work makes you exerted like anything :crazy.

I am having lot of shortness of breath these days Drowning. I start panting even after walking for 10-15 mnts and sometimes after talking or standing in kitchen also. I feel so heavy like I am carrying a big luggage inside me. As far as early labour symptoms are concerned I am just having braxton hicks and shortness of breath but nothing else :confused2:(though my doctor also said that I may go into labour early). Earlier, braxton hicks used to be very very mild but as the days are passing by they are getting stronger and so are my baby's movements. Sometimes I also feel that I may go early into labour so kinda scared now as my in-laws are not here yet:hide:. They are arriving next weekend, I dont know how we are going to handle everything if baby comes before my in-laws.

Mridhu, I yet to pack my hospital bag but I have packed baby's bag last week as I have mentioned some days back I took out all the tags from baby's stuff and washed them. So when I was organizing everything(baby's stuff) I packed baby's bag simultaneously:clap. Although when we took maternity tour at the hopital they told us that we dont need to bring anything for baby or for myself as they will provide everything from gowns for me and dress for baby to the toiletries we need but even then I packed baby's bag and will pack my hospital bag this weekend for sure(I dont trust my baby anymorebonk;-)).

We are going to buy travel system(stroller+car seat+car seat base) this weekend and then our baby shopping shall be complete :-D.

Take care
    V n baby

3. Vnbaby

Vnbaby Senior IL'ite

Baby's Bag items list:
    3-4 dresses, some diapers, wipes, washcloths to use as burp cloths/wash cloths, plastic sheet, socks, cap/hat, 2-3 warm blankets, 2 receiving blankets, towel, diaper rash cream(in case).

I am planning to pack following in my hospital bag:
    1 night gown, Coming home outfit, 1 shawl to cover my head, towel, hand towel, sanitary napkins, disposable underwears, normal underwears, change of clothes for DH, toiletries like soap, shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrush, body lotion, facial oil/moisturiser/cream, hair bands, comb, lip balm, nursing bra and pads, change for phone or vending machines, pen and paper, ipod, camera, camcorder, watch with second hand, insurance card and my prenatal care records(given by doctor),pediatrician's and Gyn's v-card, some snacks, gatorade, water bottle. And may be my MIL will add something according to her needs.

Please update me also if I have missed something.

May god bless us all with healthy baby and safe and secure labour.

Take Good care
    V n baby

4. Sujimallige

Sujimallige Bronze IL'ite

Hello meena arun,Vnbaby and Oct mommies,

Hope all r doing fine.

Meena,i went into pre term labor 2 weeks back.I was feeling v uncomfortable since few days and i didnt understand wht was happening.Then i went to hospital and there my contractions was 1 every 4 min :eek:mg:.I got v scared as i never expected that i would face pre term labor.They kept me at hospital and gave things to drink and i was discharged.

Then i have not still packed my bags bonk inspite of having all these experiences!!! Guess i have become lazy.I will do it this weekend.
    Even now i dont think my baby will come early,i feel pretty confident i will complete my term let us see.

Vnbaby i feel u have pretty much everything u will need but i feel you can keep some small snacks for ur husband to eat like cereal bar,nuts and fruits.Keep a few books also because you cant say how long you will be in labor.And congrats for getting visa for your in laws.

Other than that everything is fine just waiting for the D day.I get scared sometimes.Hope all of us have easy labor.
    Other oct mommies where are you people...let us share things as soon we will complete our terms.

Take care all.

suji

5. mom1223

mom1223 New IL'ite

Hi,

I am due on Oct. 15th.. Just wanted to know where to buy disposable underwears and front open nursing bras.

Thanks.
    ag

6. meena_arun

meena_arun Senior IL'ite

Hi Suji,
    That sounds a little bit terrifying. But atleast good that u did not go into labor so early...Now its time for labor and anytime we can expect our babies. So go ahead and pack ur bag and be prepared.

vnbaby, Have u booked tickets for ur FIL And MIL? Hope they have a good and smooth journey to the US. And Thanks for ur list vnbaby...ur list was helpful for me in packing a couple of missed items.

During my previous visit the doctor thought that i might go into labor this week. But i see no symptoms for it till now. i just was recollecting all the facts from the childbirth class and i started getting nervous about the effects of epidural (which are rare though) :confused2:

ok what about the other oct mommies...all seem to be silent for a long time...all, jump in and share ur experiences...just 2 or 3 more weeks for all of us to be active in this forum...then we will be busy with our babies :)

7. Vnbaby

Vnbaby Senior IL'ite

Hi Fellow mommies!!

Suji, Your experience is really terrifying and scaring too :shaking:. But you know one of a Ilite Pmahensa(she delivered her baby in August only) told me that she used to have many strong braxton hicks and when she visited her doc and told her then her doc made her drink a whole bottle of water and all of her cramps went away. So the moral of the story is we are tend to dehydrate ourselves due to frequent trips to toilet but dehydration can cause lot of cramps(Braxton hicks), So since then I am trying to drink more water though I know I am not drinking enough bonk. I hope you must have packed your hospital bag by now, I packed it yesterday only but some things are still left to pack which my in-laws are bringing from India. They are arriving this weekend. I hope my baby shall stay inside till then :). But for that situation I made a last moment packing list :idea.

Mom1223, I bought disposable underwears from Target and nursing bras from walmart. You can buy nursing bras from Target, Walmart, Motherhood, JC penney, Macy's and Disposable underwears from any pharmacy like CVS, Rite-Aid, and from Target, Walmart. I hope it helps.

Meena, my doctor also says that in every weekly visit that I may go early into labour. But I think its their way and duty to prepare our mind ;-).

In my last visit I asked her about making a birth plan for myself but I guess she didnt like the idea :roll: and she told me that I dont need to make a birth plan because she tries to do everything normally and she doesnt even do episiotomy if its not necessary at the moment, and also said that I should not create any hassle for Epidurals, as they are good to handle labour pains(I should reiterate that my doctor has been really weird to us in all aspects but we couldnt change her Rant because I was leaving for India and when we decide to deliver here only then it was already my 7th monthWitsend and everybody suggested me to not to change doctor at that point of pregnancy). Though I am also not at all against taking a Epidural but what if I dont need it and can manage with other pain managing ways like breathing and relaxation, gas and air etc. What if she will take time to reach to hopital, at least with a birth plan hopital staff would know my preferences. And one morething that I have noticed, these Americans dont easily understand our english speaking accent and at that crucial time of labour what if I wont be able to make them understand what I want :eek. At least with a printed birth plan they'll know my preferences in advance. So, I have prepared a birth plan for me and in my next visit I am going to show it to her.

Oh God, I am sorry that again I replied with a long post. Believe me friends I always try to make it short but eventually I end up with a long one. I hope it doesnt bore you all :-(.

Take care
    V n baby

8. bunty

bunty New IL'ite

hi guys
    i am also due october.
    hav been reading ur posts 4 quite sometime.
    vnbaby ur posts make it interesting to com and check everyday.
    this is my 2nd pregnancy.
    the first one was back in 2002 and it was an eventless pain free and normal one.
    this one caught me by surprise.
    it took me quite sometime to accept that i was gonna hav a second child.

i went to see my doc yesterday who said the position was fine and all.
    after seeing my baby on the scan, i could not sleep.
    i know what happens once the baby is born.
    it means no sleep ,no peace and laods of work.
    i just sat down last night as if the whole world was on my shoulders.
    then saw my 6 year olds face and then knew it would b worth the while.
    almost packed everything 4 hospital.
    my mom's house is 5 mins 4m mine.
    so im going there only on 1 oct.
    last time daughter was born 3 weeks ahead.
    so im keeping my fingers crossed.
    this time around i am feeling heavy,tired and want to complete full term.
    the baby was only 2.75 and after 10 days when it lost lot of weight,we were real scared.
    i do not want that happening.
    lets see it is all in gods hands.
    luv
    bunty

9. Vnbaby

Vnbaby Senior IL'ite

Hi Bunty!!

Congratulations for your second pregnancy and Welcome in October mommies club :). Good to know that baby is doing fine.

How is your daughter's reaction for your pregnancy? Have you prepared her mind that a new baby is coming. I know how much an older kid misses his/her mom when she gets busy with the new one.

Dont worry about taking care of the baby, after all you are already experienced and know how to do everything :2thumbsup:. Its good that you are bringing a sibling for your daughter and later on both will enjoy their childhood together.

By the way you didnt tell when is your EDD. Mine is 8th Oct. but I dont think baby's is going to wait that much. Last night I had stong Braxton hicks :hide: and even right now having very mild pains. But I will be more than happy if baby will come tomorrow as its grandparents are arriving and we(baby and me) are really tired now bonk.

Take care
    V n baby

10. bunty

bunty New IL'ite

hi
    the edd is oct 20.
    but my family history and mine as well has been 20 days ahead.
    though i know whatr is expected,the thought of going through it all is the scary one.
    believe me in the first one u r caught unaware.
    the second one u know what u r getting into.

my daughter is pretty excited.
    she is like a cat on the hot tin roof right now.
    we r all waiting to see which side she is gonna jump.
    luv to u all and allthe very best.