Hello October 2008 Mommies!!

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by Vnbaby, Feb 26, 2008.

1. lucullan

lucullan New IL'ite

hi ladies!

i have only 12 more days till we move back to india!

pregnancy wise everything is going great (knock knock on wood) i am 30 weeks and 2 days pregnant today. i wonder when is the cut off line (if it exists at all) when babies can be born safely even if a bit too early?!?

in 6 days my hubby is joining us - i miss him a lot and being pregnant withouth him around sucks! :(

hope all of you are doing great...

2. camayluxdove

camayluxdove New IL'ite

Hi everyone.
    Iam also one of the October mommies to be due on 6th October 2008. First i would like to congratulate all the mommies to be and wish them the best.
    I had an query for those based in Doha-Qatar for already mommies or mommies to be: whether they know of any lady who is experienced in massaging a new born n mother after delivery everyday. Please recommend or vouch out of experince of self or relatives and let me know.
    Thank you.

3. Sri09

Sri09 Senior IL'ite

Hi Friends,

October mommies look like taking rest.

How are you? How is the baby movement pattern? How is your health? Any Ultrasounds recently?

From my side, my tension started now. I am counting the days now. Baby sometimes move and mostly looks like sleeping a lot. Doctor said she is in head down position and I experience kicks on the right side which I do. I have one Ultrasound scheduled this week.

Did anybody bought anything for baby, nursery??? I did not buy anything till now. But now long weekend is coming so planning to order things. When I talked to somebody who is due in october they said they have some sentiments and want to buy later.

Sri

4. meena_arun

meena_arun Senior IL'ite

Hi Sri,

Good that ur baby is in head down position.
    And regarding the baby nursery, I've still not purchased anything. Wondering what all we need to buy. I know that car seat is a must. And either a crib or craddle is a must. Any idea where and what type of car seat, stroller, and crib/craddle we can get????

From my side, I went for the regular doctor check up to my OB-GYN yesterday. Everytime during the regular check my doctor is just listening to the heart beat and then measures my stomach and says eveything is ok. And she is not checking anything else or saying anything more. I wonder if all the Ob-Gyn's are like this???? What does your obg-gyn does during the bi-weekly check up's? Do we need to ask any questions to them? And what are the specific questions that we should ask them during this stage of pregnancy?

Are there any kind of blood tests or any other tests to be taken after 33rd week. And my other question is, What should be checked during our next ultra sound????

Cheers,
    Meena

<<May god bless us all with healthy babies>>

5. meena_arun

meena_arun Senior IL'ite

And working mom's out there, when are u all planning to stop working?
    My due date is Oct 10th and I am planning to stop working by Sep 20th.
    I wonder if this is too late, because by Sep 20th I would have completed my 37th week. And from 37 weeks to 40 weeks any time we can except the baby right?

Also, is anybody taking FMLA claims from insurance for salary during the unpaid maternity leave or any state disability claims? I still cannot understand both of these clearly. If any of you could explain this it would be great.

Cheers,
    Meena

May God bless us all with healthy babies

6. Sujimallige

Sujimallige Bronze IL'ite

Hi meena,

Even my doctor does the same,checks the heart beat and measures my tummy.But i feel he knows wht he is doing and so i dont bother much.

I have my 3rd trimester USD tomorrow.My doctor wants to get my baby measured as i am measuring small (tummy is small).He wants to know the babys growth.I am worried a bit as they may shift my due date.I may become a nov mommy instead of a oct mommy.Let me see wht happens.

I have no idea abt money claims sorry abt that.

Take care,

suji

7. Sri09

Sri09 Senior IL'ite

Hi Meena,

Even my due date is Oct 10th and I am a working woman. I plan to work till the delivery (unless doctor suggests to stop working). I have doctor visits and mostly nurse is the one who do routine stuff (weight, blood pressure, checking the size of tummy, monitoring heart beat etc. ). This ultrasound they said they will check the size of the baby and related aspects.

For baby and nursery, I still did not buy anything but my colleagues are advising me to buy a bassinet compared to the Crib. They say even bassinet is used only upto 6 months as baby starts climbing and may come out of it later. They advised to buy Graco one which later we can use as a playyard. It comes with changing station too. Regarding the carseat and stroller too they suggested the Graco system and advised to buy both together.

Regarding the maternity leave and related things, my boss suggested to talk to our secretary. I need to talk to her next week and find out.

Sri

Last edited: Aug 28, 2008
  8. meena_arun

meena_arun Senior IL'ite

Suji and Sri,

Thanks for replying.
    Even I have my 3rd trimester Ultrasound scheduled for next week.

Dont worry Suji...Everything will go on well and things will happen as you wish them to happen. God will be there with us at all times :)

Sri...Good to know that you are also working. Now-a-days its becoming tuf to spend 8 to 9 hours in office. So I am looking at taking leave as early as possible. Also my mom is travelling from India and coming here next week. So now I am still more tempted to stay at home :)) , rather than travel and come to office everyday. I gotta travel atleast one hour (one way) everyday from home to office :-( . This makes me more tiring.
    From next week, less of household work...ha....I am relieved now...
    But office is becoming more hectic now...since my managers know that I will leave in another months time, they are trying to extract all the work out of me before I leave :-( . So am getting more and more work now-a-days.

This weekend being a long weekend, I will try to go to Babies-r-us and other baby shops and look out items for baby nursery.

Cheers,
    Meena

May god bless us all with healthy babies

9. Vnbaby

Vnbaby Senior IL'ite

Hi Friends!

Welcome to all new members of October mommy club. I hope everybody is doing just great.

I am sorry I didnt post any reply since a loooong time bonkactually I wasnt well due to cold. And I am also busy in finishing my baby shopping, I want to finish it as soon as possible. Though we are trying to get visa for my In-laws so most of the baby and my things are coming from India but chances are 50-50 so at least I want to be prepared for my baby. If they wont be able to come then I have to do more shopping Drowning. My God, shopping is tiring now.

Now about me and baby's health, I had my ultrasound scan last friday
    and we were so much excited to see our baby for the first time (because I had my first scan when I was 6weeks pregnant and then my doctor didnt do shakehead any scan as I was about to leave for India) and we were planning to shoot a movie to show it to parents and to the baby when he will grow up but all our excitement vanished the moment my DH took out camera to shoot and that sonographer started to shout that you cant do it, its not allowed, its against some law and what not. Then he didnt tell us anything about the baby's details Witsend which he was checking one by one. Then in the end I said I want to see my baby because that screen was opposite to my face then he rotated that screen but not to an angle at which I could see it clearly, but he gave us 3 pics of the baby in which 2 are same pics :|, so nothing went according to my expectation and we came back home with a sad mood :frown:. Anyways he said baby is little big around 2.5 kgs, I hope it wont create any problems ....rest is fine.

These days baby moves are getting stronger day by day and they hurt really bad sometimes. Walking, bending down, even breathing is getting difficult and painful too. I dont know how I am going to spend one whole month with baby inside me :roll:.

10. Vnbaby

Vnbaby Senior IL'ite

October mommies,

Meena and Sri surprised to know that you are still working, Great stamina you have :thumbsup, for me daily chores leave me so tired that whole night my body aches like anything. But I think you guys should take rest now at home as you should not be tired during the delivery and shall need more stamina. According to the Ultrasound my baby can arrive around 1st Oct. so I am a bit worried. I think tiredness is due to this reason.

Meena my doctor also just listen to baby's heart beat and measure my tummy but I think she is going to do some tests in my next visits like Strep-B, and an internal exam also :shock:. Will surely update after my visit.

Sri, I have bought baby's dresses, blankets, diapers, diaper bag etc. but we are not buying crib or bassinet as we are going back to India next year and nobody including my husband will allow me to put baby to sleep away from us in a bassinet/crib :hide:. After so much of researching we have decided to buy Evenflo's Eurotech Travel System(stroller+carseat+car seat base) from baby's r us, it has a bassinet feature also so I can use it as bassinet during day time.

Hi camayluxdove, I am sorry I dont have any idea about doha/qatar but I hope somebody can help you in this sub forum
    Indians in Qatar - IndusLadies
    . I hope you will find somebody to help you.

Hi Lucullan, How are you doing? You must be in India by this time. Do tell us about your journey. So have you found a good doctor and hospital there?

Hi Sushma, I have decided to stay here in US with my DH as this is my first baby. Is somebody coming from India to help you after delivery because you already have a kid. Dont you think it would be a bit difficult for you to take care of both newborn and kid and yourself also?

Hey Mridhu, Congrats your 3hrs GTT result is normal :clap. But even then do take care of your diet.

October mommies, do post about yourself, How your pregnancy is treating you in the last stage.

Friends I pray to God to give us all strength and stamina for the delivery and labour and may we all have a safe and sound delivery :bowdown.

Take care
    V n baby