Hello June2008 mommies

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by cathy, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hi all: Hope all is fine. Just wanted to add about a new problem... clumsiness! It all started y'day. i've spilled water, juice, milk and my boy is so excited that amma who normally tells him not to spill is doing that as well:) With my first pregnancy it began only after delivery.

I did wonderful shopping on Friday. Even though we have kept all my son's clothes safely I didn't want that to stop me from buying girl baby clothes (Yes you all heard that right... it's a girl!).

Have you thought about post-natal classes? Latha

2. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Latha...how wonderful that you're having a girl this time! I did guess from all your questions reg. smocked dresses though....Picked a name yet?

Vanathi.

3. Sharikas

Sharikas New IL'ite

Dear Latha,

How are you and your lil angle doing? I’m going to deliver in Japan. We live in Tokyo and it was easy to found a English speaking gynecologist. I’m comfortable with conversational level Japanese so its not very difficult to communicate with the nurses. How is your experience in Germany?

Hi all,

How are you doing? I’m at 29<SUP>th</SUP> week.Feeling bit less energetic than 2<SUP>nd</SUP> trimester.Day before yesterday I felt the baby is not moving as it used to be before. Very much worried and went to the clinic yesterday. Doc checked the heart beat and did ultrasound. The baby’s growth, movement, my health condition everything is normal. He said baby’s movements may differ as it grows. Thank god. The baby is in breech position now and still has time to turn itseems.

Hope you all are doing fine. Do keep sharing!

With regards,
    Sharika.

4. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hi Sarika,

Same here.... i learnt German for 8 months when we first came to Germany and now after 5 years I can pretty much manage. Some mid-wives don't speak English but all doctors, pharmacists speak so it's not that difficult. Also the medical system here is very good and so I'm very comfortable. Only thing is I miss my mom and home:)

I'm also not feeling very energetic. It's exhausting to do even simple things some days. Wednesday I went for my regular check-up and the doctor said the neck of the uterus (i'm not sure if it's cervix that she meant... she speaks english but can't convey all medical terms in english) had suddenly shortened by a cm. She checked the heartbeat of the baby twice, did a detailed scan and asked me to go to the hospital immediately. She also warned that they might ask me to stay back that night:( Oh God, I was really really worried. My husband was away in South America and was expected back only 2 days later and I don't know anyone here with whom my boy could be left.

So I picked him up from the nursery, came home, packed few things for him and just went praying. There they did all the check-ups again. I told them I don't have any pain. Luckily the ob-gyn in hospital said it's quite normal for the neck to shorten like that sooner in 2nd baby. She also said I shouldn'T worry too much because even if the baby comes it's not high-risk. I was very close to tears. But she was happy with the baby growth, my cervix etc., so told me no need to stay back. But I should reduce my stress and work considerably until due date. That was really an experience.

But I'm glad I've an excellent gyn who notices each and every thing. Also I'm on pretty high dosage of heparin (for a risk of thrombosis) so she takes extra care. My parents will be here soon then hopefully i'll get more rest.

Take care, girls:) Latha

5. Sharikas

Sharikas New IL'ite

Dear Latha,

How are you doing now? Dont worry. Just take good care of yourself and be happy everything will fall in place. I'll pray for you.

Hi all ,

How are you all doing? Are you girls started looking for baby items? i'm making a list and waiting to check with different shops on coming weekend. And also asking my friends about their recomendations.

Take care and do keep sharing,
    Sharika.

6. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hi Sharika,

Thank you very much for the wishes. I've slowed down all my work and now feeling much better. I'm listening more to slokas, nice songs and that's making me smile and stay positive:)

Wondering how others are doing! the group is kind of quiet for some time. I have bought few pretty looking clothes that i just couldn't resist but got all in size 2-4 months. We have saved all my son's dresses like stramplers, bodies etc., so we think of buying more as needed. We have already ordered a cot and that will pick up mid-may. Otherwise I have to buy things for the hospital bag like feeding-friendly night dresses, diapers etc., that may be i'll do once my mom is here. Is this your first baby?

Latha

7. Sharikas

Sharikas New IL'ite

Hi Latha,

How are you doing? Good to know that you are taking good rest and relaxing. Me too slowed down myself a bit. I'm trying to be more organised and planned since i couldnt do work as fast as before.

Yes, This is our first baby! Last week the Doc informed us the baby's gender. Its a baby Girl. In Japan, most of the Docs disclose the baby's gender only at the beginning of 3rd trimester. Long await come to an end! Soon after the hospital visit we went for shopping and bought some clothes and basic items like towels, bibs etc.,for the lil one. Still looking for the light weight and comfortable stroller and the baby crib. Yet to start packing for hospital bag. Prepared the list for mom to bring here. when is your mom coming there? Your son must be very eagarly waiting to welcome the new one:). Is your hospital provides postnatal classes? My hospital has only pre-natal classes now and they are planning to begin postnatal classes itseems. But dont know when??

Our forum seems to be quite. Hope all are doing good. Hi All , take care.

Cheers,
    Sharikas.

8. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hi June moms-to-be:

looks like everyone is preparing for the d-day! very quiet thread...

my pre-natal classes are going fine. i don't know how much of the stuff i'll remember while actually in pain. my mid-wife is giving acupuncture since a week and i must admit my back pain has disappeared. She says it'll also help ease labor.. that i'll have to wait and see.

Well since Saturday I've another outbreak of allergic rashes. it's really horrible... my skin is looking scary! the dermatologist has given a cream since she doesn't want to give anything steroid-based... i hope this gets over soon. can't sleep even peacefully... very very itchy! i had the same problem also with my first pregnancy but can't remember what my gyn in India gave me. Here they don't want to give anti-allergic tablets at this stage of pregnancy.

have you all packed the hospital bag? i still don't feel the urge but have got ready all the stuff.

take care everyone!
    Latha

9. sathyasai

sathyasai New IL'ite

my due date is june 17,as this is my first baby, we are very excited, but at the same time i am very nervous and scared of delievery...

10. Pooja29

Pooja29 New IL'ite

Hi All Mum-to-be..

I am from May club, but my lil one was in lil hurry so I delivered in April.. so can say cusp of April n may..

Hope all you mum-to-be are taking very good care of yourself n your lil one..

Just another few weeks left and you will be having your lil one in your arms..

Wish you all very best n safe delivery and speedy recovery..
    Luv to lil one ..

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2008