Hello - help in few details

Discussion in 'Indians in Eastern Province' started by nprasad, Mar 27, 2009.

1. nprasad

nprasad New IL'ite

Hi,

I am prasad from AP.I am a IT coolie. I have a job offer with basic pay of 12,500 SAR in Al-Jubail. The company is Unicoil.I have gone through some of the threads for basic information. I have worked few months in bahrain and a year in US.I know SA is conservative.Please let me know the precausions I need to take.

1) passport :-

Does everyone has to submit their passport to their employer?? (My employer didnot mention anything tii now. I like to know the details in advance). Can I run away if I have problem getting used to the culture r got bored ?

Does the visa provided in this cases -- > multiple entry visa???(do I get an option to visit india any number of times?)

Since I am a IT professional ,I guess I can keep my passport to myself and can run away in case of trouble.

2) Can I get indian food outside for reasonable price? I used get good food in Bahrain.

3) I am single.while I was in bahrain ,I used to share apartment with other indian friends and we used to have a indian cook.

Do we get indian cook for a reasonable price?what could be the price?

4) Do we have sizable indian community in this place?

5) what is the rent of 1 bhk in this locality.

Thanks in advance for the response.

Thanks,
    Prasad.

2. vikkymoodambail

vikkymoodambail New IL'ite

hai

dont worry about saudi arabia. it is a cool country. But i dont know much about jubail area. I stay at Riyadh. Regarding your passport, the decision is left to your employer. Regarding indian cook, you may get it and there are lot of indian restaurants in saudi arabia. Jubail is a industrial area which is near to alkobar and Dammam. Alkober is near to Beharain where you can pass your time in weekends. So dont hestitate. Cost of living is cheaper in Saudi compare to other GCC countries.

vikram

3. darkli8

darkli8 New IL'ite

Jubail industrial is the most quite city I've lived in, that couse it a little boring, it is also a little more expensive than Dammam or Khobar

I wish a good luck for you there...

4. kuttimayil

kuttimayil New IL'ite

Re: Hello - how r u?

hi prasad

hv u reached the great Al-jubail. we live here for the last 4 years. initially, we got so much bored of the environment. Because, outside no people to be seen, or no sounds or music, etc. it's a very quite place which is very much killing sometimes.

but slowly, u get some good friends to pass time. the weather is too horrible to bear sometimes.

in jubail town area, 2/3 indian restaurants are there, and around jubail few are there. u can choose any one of your choice when u start having food there. but for the families, there are only few restaurants open. because a lot of bachelors residing in this area and families are allowed when separate rooms are not available in that restaurant. so the choice is very less. don't worry about food. u will get used to!

reg. your salary it's a good offer. u can peacefully spend around 5000 riyals here for rent, food, etc. and save the balance. yes. they will take your passport and give you a small book called IQAMA. u will hv to carry wherever u go. u will get info. once u arrive here. i am not much aware of bachelor's life here.

if u want any more info. pl. write here.

uma bala.:coffee

5. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

HI Prasad,

Your Salary is too good. let me answer for your questions.

1) You cannot run away like that. (Most of the companies will retain your passport) After your medical test they will give you Iquma with 10 digit number. you have to carry it where ever you go. It will contain all your details and your photo in small size.( IF you are a family man you have to attach your family photo in that). Whenever you go out of Saudi, you have to submit this Iquma to office and at that time they will give your Pass port. At a time you cant have both of them with you. ok?

2) Ya there are many hotels. No problem in getting Indian food.

3) Yes here also you can share your room with your friends. Indian cook no idea. But you can cook.:)

4) There are many Indians in Saudi and JUbail.

5) It depends upon the area. but dont worry you can get without any problem.

Anything else? please feel free to ask. :)