1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hell hath no fury like what?

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

GrandSire of Deduction
    Yes absence of such critters and lack thereof OF hop and skip have certainly added to extra weight.. But dh does not share your benevolent attitude to these innocent creatures.. he just thinks they will go away and is annoyed by any racket.. maybe its a generation thing too.. We have to pay for pest control to avoid any insects because termites in the south can even ruin structures..
    I have to agree that the Jains are to be commended for their thoughtfulness to all creatures..

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,
    YOU, YOU, YOU!Rant

You make us all feel as if everybody became nostalgic on Valentine Day !:crazy

It is not our loss, if you do not start off
    In my younger days, I was the hero in Presidency College.......

But can't help saying that I will enjoy if you start sharing your musings - instead of
    reserved strictly for myself
    I will surely enjoy a contemporary writing, if your first love was Priya (a fashionable name which had emerged only then) or X or Y !
    Love,
    Chithra.

3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear AC
    I can easily relate to the feeling of annoyance at people reacting to the presence of a loathsome insect in the kitchen or bathroom as if it is some kind of an alien invasion. The way some people rush around with lethal weapons like broomsticks to combat them is certainly a 'racket' which I think is putting it mildly.
    Sri

4. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Cheens,

Hey, no roaches in chez moi. I take out the garbage three times a day and disinfect my counter tops twice a day!

I wish! There is one gigantic roach who makes a nocturnal appearance daily, and he is a flier. Seems to be a divine creation immune to Baygon, Hit ,stale beer and the like generation of roach trappers. Sadly, he is never around in broad daylight.

And this I have to mention. When newly engaged and married, my husband found my dread of roaches very romantic, amusing, endearing, feminine, childlike----. He was (well, still is) my knight in a shining armour who would wrestle with every roach and rodent in sight and clear the critters for his lady love. Well, now, he is my (k)night in eye shades, and nose patch ( to control snoring) who ignores my screams when the roach manifests.

I thought with Valentines day around, this change in a man's affections as manifested in his roach killing habits must be stated.

Good one, Cheens! You can pick a topic from the kitchen shelf and spin a middle out of it. Loving that as ever. And the next time, I see a roach, I will think of you for a moment before I terminate its being.

affly
    Vidya

5. Cheeniya

Dear Chithra
    It is not our loss, if you do not start off
    In my younger days, I was the hero in Presidency College.......

Honestly I would have started off something like that if I had not seen my first love a year back with her grandson measuring over six feet! The feeling of all that old romance just dried up instantly as I returned her artificial smile with an equally synthetic smile! On my way back home to my own grandchildren, my heart just grumbled to me 'If this was to be the outcome of a reunion of sundered hearts, I think I had wasted my time nursing all those stupid feelings years back!'
    Sri

6. Cheeniya

Dear Vidya
    Roaches are reported to be immune to nuclear radiation and God granted it indestructabilty against everything that can terminate life including, as you say, stale beer. But as the Puranas have repeatedly shown, when granting such boons as in the case of Hiranya Kasibu and Basmasuran, He very cleverly exempts certain items of destruction which in the case of Roaches happenes to be a broomstick. Chennai roaches are immune to all forms of pesticides but not against a broomstick particularly when wielded by powerful persons!
    That knight in a shining armour is a classic example which only you are capable of. When I visualised your DH as one such knight protecting you from giant roaches, it brought memories of Galahad and the like and I couldn't help smiling! And the further thought of Galahad snoring away to glory while his dame is in distress made me laugh loudly. Love does get expressed in strange ways as we grow older. Snoring is indeed a sublime acknowledgement of the comfort level that the nearness of the loved one produces!
    Sri

Last edited: Feb 16, 2008
  7. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Cheeniyasir,

You have added insult to injury! From a damsel in distress, I am now a dame in distress! I will forgive my husband for snoring off to glory while giant roaches roam my chamber. But you, I will not forgive for this change in definition.

affly
    Vidya

8. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,
    I fully endorse what you have written.
    In my younger days ( literally, antha kaalathile naan collegele padikkumpothu!),
    Gemini Ganesan, fondly called Kadal Mannan, was raved about by all of us. His film
    Kalyana Parisu was a super-duper hit & we were all "worshipping" G G.
    About ten years back, I saw him in Marina. He was absolutely "baggy" and there was not a trace of charm on his face, inspite of his good looks in his younger days !
    I think, it is better if we do not come face to face with some persons, whom we admired once upon a time !
    Just like you have written, I was wondering abou how stupid we were in our younger days, going by the screen image !
    Love,
    Chithra.

9. Cheeniya

oh dear Vidya
    See how innocent I am! Dont know even the difference between a dame and a damsel! But should you be so unforgiving as the 'La belle dame sans merci'?
    Sri

Last edited: Feb 16, 2008
  10. Cheeniya

Dear Chithra
    I must clarify a point here. It is not as if love has anything to do with youthful appearance. Far from it actually. Love actually gets stronger if both age together but if someone that we held so close to our heart years back for reasons more physical than anything else suddenly appears before us all wrinkled and shrivelled with a six foot grandson to boot, it kind of unsettles us! It is probably because we never let our image of our first love grow old and when they do appear before us all of a sudden far different from what we hold in our heart, love certainly flies through the nearest exit!
    Sri