1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Helathy Foods to be taken by Women!

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by amirthaviji, Jan 21, 2010.

1. amirthaviji

amirthaviji New IL'ite

Hi,

This is Amirtha. New member to this forum. I would like to share the info about the healthy food forum.

I have given the necessary foods to be taken by the women are :

Soy protein: prevent from Breast cancer and uterous prob.

Whole grains: will help to reduce the weight.

Foods rich in folate : have to take often this folate by the carrying women. it will help for the development of babies' brain.

Cranberries : It should be taken by all the ladies at the age of (15-60,70..). It will protect from Bacterias and mainly from Urinery infection.

Water : this is not food as we know, we have to take 3 litres. As there are so many chemical reactions are happening in women's body. we hae to take it.

Nuts: we have take nuts in food, but not often. if you don't want to oil items, u can have nuts. (because it can lower our cholesterol.)

Green leafy vegetables : Cabbage is a good veg, it should be in daily menu. they have more fiber. (aim for 20 to 35 grams each day)

Fruits rich in vitamin C, Iron* Calcium rich foods: iron is necessary for monthly cycle, calcium is must to keep the bones strong and Vitamin C can help to prevent from heart diseases. (needed : forwomen- 75 mg a day)

i am following these things as a regular food menu in my cooking.

Please let me know, incase if you all have more info on this.

Thank you and feel happy with indusladies.

Take care all.. Bye..

Regards,
    Amirtha.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2010

2. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Good information Amirtha.
    How about adding Milk and Milk products to the list.....and blue berries ....