Hectic Schedule and No Relaxation....

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by deeprapriya, Aug 13, 2015.

1. deeprapriya

deeprapriya Gold IL'ite

I am a working woman and into IT for the past 9 years... When I was 4+ exp, I got married.... I have 3.5 yrs old kid now...

My problem is I feel so frustrated at anything that I do... Everyday schedule is hectic for me...

I get up 5:45 am and go for Youga class... Come back by 7:00 AM and get ready for office also Prepare my DD to school... I will drop her and reach office before 10:00 AM... I will reach home by 7:30 PM and will not even sit for a while... I will prepare my tea, help my dd with homework... And then will prepare dinner.... After that, will help my daughter with dinner(My MIL and DH helps at times, not always).... Then will wash the utensils that I used and go to bed by 10:30 - to 11:00 PM...

Its very hectic... I have been longing for sitting atleast 30 mins, but that is not happening... due to this, I feel really frustrated..

I have a servant who takes care of cleaning in the morning.... My MIL takes care of lunch box... cannot blame her...

Am OK at time management, keep planning for the next actions awaiting for me....

Due to this, I am not productive at office as well.... even at home, I have lot more activities pending like arranging stuffs, cleaning storage areas....

Can u all give me some ideas.... I will be happy to accept any other job with 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM timing with half of what I am earning now....

I always end up my day with lots of body pain and muscle pain...

2. sonal1611

sonal1611 Gold IL'ite

hey..

Do u cook in evening .. ?? or in morning???

Try making simple dishes. which will be easy to cut n cook.. less time consuming..

keep eleaborative dishes for weekends/holidays

read organizing websites like getorganizednow or getorganizedwizard.. U will get many ideas..

keep servant for cleaning , dish washing , even for cooking .. U may take help only ...

3. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Wow.. This is same feeling going in my mind right now.. frustation..what to do..I came here to post or ask or vent.

I have similar issues but difference somewhat.

My daughter is small. i wake up early at 6 and start cooking/packing for her. H wakes up late but helps. Same issue, I can not focus on office and nothing is working out as planned. I reach by 10/10.30 and come home by 5-6 pm but later login at night after she sleeps keep working till 12 -1am because of pending work. Thus can not find to do any gym or go out for walk :-(

This cycle keeps going. I can not sleep early at night, but I wake up at 6 am. For first few days of week, it works but then fatigue keeps piling and then I can not wake up.

Because of all this, I get what not kind of pains in my body and not able to find any time for myself for gym etc.

I assume you are India. If so hire help for all the cooking/cleaning. Leave dishes for maid in the morning. Since MIL is at home, you will not have to see him/her and worry about stealing or 'not coming on time' issues.

After daughter, I have so many utensils so I do not have to wash for next use. Not that it helped a lot since cleaning/storage/small kitchen is problem here.

4. centsibleindian

centsibleindian Silver IL'ite

Below are the things I do to organize my daily work. My husband and I work and husband travels a lot nowadays. So, I manage everything at home as well as taking care of our son. My work is busy as well.

• I cut all the veggies during weekends and freeze them
    • I make simple meals during weekdays (I cook in the morning though)). Most of our lunches are roti/parata with subji/kootu; Dinner is dosa, idly, soup, pasta, pongal etc.
    • I spend 30 mins a day for workout (I wouldn't recommend you to give up on your workout. But see if you can reduce the time spent. May be yoga at home couple of times a week?)
    • I clean one part of the house every day (not the whole house)
    • Menu planning during weekends and stick the menu in your fridge
    • Grocery shopping only once a week. That too with a kid. So, it's a combined activity for us
    • Put my little one on schedule as well. He feeds on his own half the food and I feed the rest

If you can hire another maid for cooking help, try that as well. Couple of my friends buy homemade parata/roti. See if you can try that.

1 person likes this.
  5. sing

sing Silver IL'ite

Stop being a machine !

You aren't sleeping enough and after yoga your mind should calm down, which seems not the case with the work load.

First take time to relax. Tell your DH about this and take time off. We need a down time once every "xxx" days which varies by age and various other parameters.

Frustration is the outcome of frustration, which feeds back to anger eventually breaking yourself up into ill health.

6. deeprapriya

deeprapriya Gold IL'ite

Thanks everybody for your reply....

It is great to know that many people are sailing with me and am getting to know different ways of handling things...

Hiring a maid for cooking is a good idea.... But I dont think DH and MIL will accept that.... because already MIL is cooking in the morning.... However, I will try to put this in front of them....

7. Ambitious

Ambitious New IL'ite

One more point

You can hire a maid to just make roti/ chapati and to chop the vegetables by this way you have to just cook the chopped vegetables. Indirectly your are cooking the food but with prior help of maid. At last your husband and mil will be happy and they are eating food cooked by you and not by maid.

I hope this helps you.

1 person likes this.
  8. paramlav

paramlav Silver IL'ite

I feel the same dear,sw itself a hectic .I liked the idea of all our il's especially ambitious think you can try . For washing utensils ,mopping and chopping you can hire a maid. Please have good enough sleep .

9. Anvitha

Anvitha Moderator Staff Member Gold IL'ite

me following the same, my maid cuts all the vegetables in the morning and i cook one curry in the morning one in the evening , so cooking is easy and family will get our tastes only

10. Anvitha

Anvitha Moderator Staff Member Gold IL'ite

for drying from the washing machine and for folding them also you can take maid's help by paying extra.

the point is like outsourcing the possible tasks.

some of my colleagues even put kids in tutions after school for homework and study all. they will just play with kids and feeding them with cooked food