1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Heavy hearted :(

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jasmine25, Aug 17, 2015.

1. jasmine25

jasmine25 Gold IL'ite

This day I woke up with a regret seeing a message in my mobile from a dear old friend (Mr. SR) saying his dad is no more and that he passed away last night..I read and could not believe it so re-read the message to confirm what I read is what it is.Still I was unable to accept the news so rang up to SR and his first word was jas dear h r u and how is your son?

I said stop it man what happened to Appa( that's how I call my friend's dad - my dad too) He broke out with a loud cry and said Jas appa is no more to see his grandson(my baby) whom you were about to bring and take his blessings the coming week..

I just had no words to console him and had I gone to meet him last week I could have taken his blessings for me and my baby..I just hung up the phone saying let us talk in person while I meet you the coming weekend..

Four hours have passed away now but I am unable to pass away the memories of Appa and my mind is running a trailer inside me just like a movie trailer about how myself and SR became friends and things which followed later on..

SR and me did our schooling and college together.. We have never spoken during school days as we were in different sections.. During college days our friendship grew during our lab class (practicals).. slowly we (me,SR, two other girls and two other boys) all formed a group and we used to study together in SR's house..
    That's when his family became close with all our friends..every weekend we were happy to go to his house and study and have fun too..chit-chats, gossips about college friends and teachers, watching movie together, having food together and many many more entertainment with Appa and amma and friends..golden days they were and now am recollecting those days..

Appa and Amma were so friendly with all kids and treated us their like son and daughter..Appa's earning was just enough to run the family.. that's it.. SR is a merit student so he studied in scholarship as he knew Appa was unable to afford the college fees..
    They lived in a line house (means many small houses in a row with a common bathroom).. There was not a much of sophistication but we had lot of joy as we spent our time there.. Their day to day life was tough.. In spite of all the hardships amma never allowed us to go back home empty stomach..

I still remember she used to give filter coffee in a big tumbler and davara.... As we were many friend at their doorstep they can't afford to give a strong coffee.. The glass is big with full of coffee but watery..I used run away seeing the glass.. Later I realised who has the heart to feed others when they themselves are suffering to the core? I never regret to have coffee at SR's house later on..we had our tiffin and lunch at SR's place only..A simple dish Vatha kolumbhu with potato chips was yummy..
    We felt bad to trouble them but Appa and amma were waiting for us to be seen at their house and will scold us if we had not turned up for couple of days..

Appa is a simple person who loved his son without any expectation from him..
    after his retirement also he was working as an assistant in brahmin's association and supervisor for caterers, as security guard in atm, as an office staff in kalyana mandapam and many temporary jobs like this..he was working till last Friday at his 73 years..Not even a day he took rest after his retirement.. Now SR is running a business and they are financially settled but still Appa was not siting ideal in-spite of SR advising him to take rest..

SR is a nice person.. He married a divorcee with a kid (she was his co worker in his ex company before he started business) His heart is very tender and he cannot see anybody suffering..after hearing the sufferings of this girl, he whole heartedly accepted her with her kid without giving a second thought and now he treats her like a queen and the kid like his kid and he calls SR as Appa..
    Appa had a dream about his son's wedding but he was shocked to hear his son's decision..He directly meet the girl and spoke to her and was convinced to bring her home as DIL.. But the sad part now is he was broken as the girl revealed her true colours after the wedding. ..I witnessed a shift in her nature after the wedding..SR who was a dutiful son to his parents is unable to do anything.. Now Appa is no more.. Don't know how amma is going to pass her rest of the life.. I believe SR will takecare of Amma amidst of any agony ... RIP Appa..I pray for the well being of his family and let God give strength to amma to accept and digest the fact and courage to meet the forthcoming challenges..

Appa might not have earned huge money during his living still he is the richest person as he earned lot of good hearts...

2. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Jasmine dear very touching to read about your friend's father and his family. May his soul rest in peace. Earlier days people did not have money but they had a big heart. My best friend's family also used to treat me as their family member. Its very sad that you could not meet him. Let God give strength to the family to bear the loss. When you yourself are feeling so sad can understand how your friend's family must be feeling

1 person likes this.
  3. jasmine25

jasmine25 Gold IL'ite

Thank you so much for your consoling words aunty.. They are at grief :(

4. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Dear jasmine,
    a truly heart felt condolence for your father figure. May his soul rest in peace and your good friend heal in time over the loss with your support.

1 person likes this.
  5. jasmine25

jasmine25 Gold IL'ite

Thanks joy for your words.. Of course what are friends for? To support each other only.. I am always there for my friend and family

6. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Jasmine I feel the pain of missing a good soul .May his soul RIP.sure your friend will take care of his mother as he is the child of such a noble Father.

1 person likes this.
  7. jasmine25

jasmine25 Gold IL'ite

Thank you so much Periamma for your kind words..

8. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Jasmine,
    Very sad to learn of the demise of your friend's father.May his soul rest in peace!.parting is always sad and it takes some time to accept the inevitable.

Jayasala 42

1 person likes this.
  9. parineetha

parineetha IL Hall of Fame

Sorry about the loss Jas.
    Such a noble soul he seems to be, no wonder it’s so hard to digest the fact there he’s no more. Let’s hope the almighty gives his family and beloved ones the strength and courage to recuperate from this great loss. RIP his soul.

1 person likes this.
  10. jasmine25

jasmine25 Gold IL'ite

Thanks Jaya aunty for your consoling words.. what you say is true as time will heal the pain.