1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

heavy bleeding after stopping primolut n

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by hivid, May 5, 2013.

1. hivid

hivid Silver IL'ite

Hi all,
    Dr gave me primolut n 3 tabs a day for 7 days. I got my periods 3 days after stopping the pill. But the flow is very much. I am chaning whisper all night pad every 3-4 hrs, does anyone know if its normal? Does this usually happen when we take pills. I have never had such heavy flow. I had dysfunctional bleeding and spotting and that is why dr had prescribed primolut n. But I m having heavy bleeding now.any suggestions.?

2. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

why did the doctor prescrib primolut? to stop a bleeding or to induce periods? If it for inducing periods in case of not getting periods well beyond the regular time then overbleeding may happen due to the thickness of the endometrium.

3. hivid

hivid Silver IL'ite

Hi the dr gave me because I did not get my periods instead I was spotting for a week during the time I should havegot periods

4. Catgol

Catgol Platinum IL'ite

primolut causes heavy bleeding

5. Nijasav

Nijasav IL Hall of Fame

It is normal, but it continues after 5 days, then see doc. The tablets helps to clean the U.

6. hivid

hivid Silver IL'ite

Thanks nijasav.. I was worried because I am soaking one large pad every 3 hours...I dint know if it was normal or whether I should go to a doctor

7. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

Actually primolout-N is have to take one time to stop periods, and 3 times to get.. Dont worry i too face this prob, no need to worry about it.

8. hivid

hivid Silver IL'ite

Thanks rachaputi..I thought maybe the medifine did not suit my body hence I am bleeding so heavily..if thats how the period is after taking primolut n then fine..btw did u do any home remedies to reduce the foow.i have been on the bed since morning..I am worries that too much strain would make me weak..

1 person likes this.
  9. padmaja909

padmaja909 Platinum IL'ite

I think you should take a b-complex tablet so that you wont be weak due to blood loss. I suggest u take your gynac's advice.

10. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

Actually i succeeded in reducing flow, but later month i faced which left over.