1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Heaven And Hell - The Same Old Dialogues With Maran

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Dec 2, 2010.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

2. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Boost,

Honestly Sridhar I was little upset seeing your earlier blog and was thinking "why did Sridhar do this"? Hence I called you immediately to tell you that the axe is going to fall on the blog but you were kind enough to tell me to do so before I could broach the topic. Thanks a lot.

I always believe "everything happens for the Good" and it has proved here. The current blog is far far super than the earlier blog. The subtle difference of Heaven & Hell and God & his Paradise ....chumma kalakittenge ..... I was choked when I came to the end. How could you think of this comparison Sri? I am just bewildered......

3. Sobhi

Sobhi Senior IL'ite

Hello Uncle

Wonderful post. I remember reading this conversation between Angel and Devotee probably in an another blog of yours. But a very nice one.

I really loved the way you have related the story of boys and the oldman to GOD and ourselves....

I completely agree with it...

regards
    Shobha

4. varalotti

Dear bas,
    I knew about the blog being a forward message only much later. I had it in my system and the file was more than 3 years old. I thought I had read it in a book and was looking for the books I have read.
    I had two marriages to attend today and was pressed for time. As I was driving down to the office from the marriage hall I realised that it was a forwarded message. I decided to call you once I reached office. But you called me earlier and the rest is history.

Thanks for your words of praise for this blog. I had written this chapter for my book in Tamil Vallamai Thaarayo. And hence thought of posting it here.
    thanks once again. And sorry once again.
    sridhar

5. varalotti

hello shobha,
    thanks.
    yes I had used the Angel devotee dialogue as part of my blog "A Typical Love Scene Dialogue."
    Nevertheless I thought it is important here to show that we should seek God and not the Heavens.

The boys and old man story was inspired by an incident which happened recently. One of my friends was asked to register for a professional conference. The fee was Rs.5000. My friend did not mind. But then on the day of the conference he had some other travel plans. So he told the organisers that he was not going to register.
    The Secretary told him,
    "If you don't come, no problem, Sir. We only want your money."
    I was appalled by the gross way in which his greed was expressed. I added my own imagination to derive this story.
    thanks once again,
    sridhar

6. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Dear Uncle,
    Besides the moral being good, you have come across as a straightforward person accepting his mistakes. Anyway, we are humans after all!

Inspite of your busy schedule, you have delivered a good piece of writing. Kudos to you!

Raji

7. varalotti

Dear Raji,
    thanks. I was in a hurry to post the blog which I had decided yesterday night. I missed. I erred.
    And as you rightly said we are human's after all.
    This incident will make me even more cautious in future.
    sridhar uncle

8. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

Dear sir

i liked your narration on the boys and the old man....the best !!!!!!!!!

In this particular story you have penned down your thoughts on "Gratefulness" which is a wonderful virtue...

Give thanks for a little and you will find a lot.
    – Hausa proverb from Nigeria

The happy heart gives away the best. To know how to receive is also a most important gift.

Gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.
    – G.K. Chesterton, writer

9. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Sridhar,
    The boys and the old rich man analog is very apt for us human beings.
    At least let me get this picture in my mind, when I ask for a favour from Him.
    The dialogue between a true devotee and the angel...brings out what true love is! Enjoyed it the second time!

sriniketna

10. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

Dear Sir,
    Very nice blog. True devotee never seeks any favour from God. His darshan is the only thing he longs for. Thank u
    Maalti