Heart says you are young, but body says you are old

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by iyerviji, Mar 9, 2010.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ennaye

Glad to know that you like this forum. Ya you can get many ideas and how senior citizens are from this forum.

If health is there then we can always be young. I also know my husband's friends who daily meet in the garden and some are 60 plus and some 70 plus. There is one uncle who is 80 plus but still active. He is the Secretary of Brahman Seva Samithi and he takes care of everything and he is like father to everyone. He has kept pacemaker in his heart but still always smiling and an example to everyone. All of them enjoy chatting with everyone in the garden. All these people are ready tohelp anytime anywhere

love
    viji

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Padmini

I agree with what you have written. If we always keep ourselves engaged in something or other then we dont think of our age or anything and the love and affection we get from everyone keeps us always strong and healthy. When I come to IL I forget the world and get involved in the activities here.

love
    viji

3. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

Dear Viji

Its a write up from you heart. Its okay. Mood swing is common for we all ladies because of the hormone changes. So better dont be alone at any time. I said it is a right time you have a grand daughter to look after. Even though physically you will be tired of going behind her, mentally you will be very much occupied. So feel great and enthu. Your writings are still very youthful.

I think we south indians are not having the concept of taking care of. We will go to the doctor only when we feel ill. My DIL s mother asked me whether I already gone through hormone treatment. I didnt even heard about that time. She told all the ladies in their menopause should under go this treatment. Calcium suppliments etc to strengthen the bones. Making friendship is another good recreation for us. So go ahead forgetting the age factor from your mind. Cheer up !

ganges

4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Soldier

Thank you for your presence here.

I agree with you that So though body may be old, by trying to keep oneself young at heart, the intensity of pain or other ailments will reduce because mind is always engaged.

My problem is since I had hip bone fracture in 1991, I am not able to sit down . Though now everyone sits on a chair but I feel it is not so comfortable as we sit down on the ground. Sometimes for relaxing stretching your legs and sitting down is very comfortable. Due to my fracture I get tired very fast.

Now since IL is there I forget everything when I come here and feel mysel f better. Now the grandkids also give me happiness but to lift them is difficult for me . I feel bad when my granddaughter comes and clings to me that I am not able to lift her for a long time.

love
    viji

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ennaye

You are right. If senior citizens get all the love and affection they feel healthier and live longer. I get all the love and affection from my family and also from Ilites here. But because of my hip bone fracture I get tired very fast .

love
    viji

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ganges

Thanks for coming here. I feel late for the arrival of my grandchidlren as I am already 66 yrs old. If they had come when I was 50 I woud have been still healthier and would have enjoyed with them. Now sometimes it is dffficult to lift them as I have hip bone fracture and got operated 4 times.
    So the strength in my body has become less.

When I login to IL I feel happy with the friends here, and at home now since my daughter and grandkid are there sometimes dont think of the problem in my health

love
    viji

7. Deepali_deepali

Deepali_deepali Gold IL'ite

My dear Viji Mam,

Its your will power only which shows your energy in your posts. Now a days girls at a very young age feel tired and pains in body..Why to say for others, myself too. My legs pain if I work for 2-3 hrs while standing. I become easily tired. My MIL is still active than me.

May God gives you more strength so that you continue to ba as you are mam.

Regards,

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Deepali

Sorry for the late reply and thank you for your good wishes. Now a days youngsters dont have so much strength because the food is not so healthy and they dont eat in time

love
    viji

9. ushkrish

ushkrish New IL'ite

hi, i have read your posts in many threads. you sound very energetic and young. carry on with this spirit. in the company of your supportive family members and the members of IL you will defenitely make your life a more meaningful one.
    love
    usha

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ushkrish

Thank you for coming here and for your good wishes

love
    viji