1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Health Issues At 37

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by amnilakshmi, Jan 16, 2020.

1. amnilakshmi

amnilakshmi Gold IL'ite

Hi All,

I am 37 now and i feel i am going through a lot of anxiety, mood swings, no concentration, and lack of interest in doing anything and everything. Is there any one else facing these kind of problems ? Could this be related to menopause ?

2. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

What are you having anxiety about that you need to analyse...have you been worrying about a particular matter for too long?

Sri2196 likes this.
  3. amnilakshmi

amnilakshmi Gold IL'ite

Hi nakshatra,

Nice to see your message. It is general anxiety, tension, worrying for no reason. I have lost interest in my hobbies and dont feel like doing anything - the trigger or push inside me is no longer there... I thought it was menopause symptoms as i am not the same person i was before.

4. dhivyacc

dhivyacc Silver IL'ite

is this the symptom of hormonal imbalance?

5. amnilakshmi

amnilakshmi Gold IL'ite

I am really not sure. But i did my complete body check up and doc said - everything is normal. I am confused and need some hints and help to come back to normal. Please suggest.

6. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

I can suggest you to set a routine based tasks and short term goals -
    have to do lists everyday and try to complete those
    -make sure to take out time to visit your parents/friends etc
    -Working out- this is really great for improving mood.Gym is fine but natural and public surroundings like parks are better.You can try jogging or running.You can start with daily walk.
    -avoid coffee/tea or other stimulating drinks .Avod refined-sugar,maida, deep fried snacks- try to eat natural food more- it helps to improve mood
    -Sunlight is most important - make a rule to get a minimum amount of sunlight everyday depending on your convenience
    -certain fruits/vegetables help improve mood-you can look it up
    -daily prayer and ask God for strength
    -try to get busy .If you spend too much time alone then anxious thoughts may come more- try to get productive so things might resolve themselves automatically in long run
    -go for counselor to talk your issues in detail
    -listen to soothing music at home
    - visit orphanages, old age homes- we get highest happiness and purpose when we help others. You can volunteer for any charity organisation or temple as per your beliefs.
    -take up any new hobbies
    -take interest in changing your dressing , haircut- new year is a good time for new beginnings
    -How is relationship with husband? Children?parents?
    -Most importantly, avoid comparing to others, dont hold on to regrets.Live your life do the things you like.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  7. anika987

anika987 Finest Post Winner

Very good ideas.Yeah workout and right food helps a lot

nakshatra1 likes this.
  8. Angela123

Angela123 Gold IL'ite

-- Do you drink a lot of coffee? I get more anxiety (I am very anxious person by nature) when I drink coffee or tea.So I skip this and drink milk when i think I am getting anxious a lot.
    -- Breathing/ meditation. Also, this is probably most heard, but not practiced often, remember to breathe. I try to do this and it shifts my attention to breathing and helps me calm down.
    -- Exercise definitely helps a lot. Outside walk or run at least twice a week. It changes the scene and we will forget our woes for a while.

9. amnilakshmi

amnilakshmi Gold IL'ite

Thank you for the tips. I will try to follow them.

10. amnilakshmi

amnilakshmi Gold IL'ite

Yes I drink a lot of tea and coffee. I have tried to reduce the number but couldn't. I will definitely try to start with meditation and exercise. Thanks again.

Angela123 likes this.