1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Liked anything that you read here? You may nominate it as the Finest Posts!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Health Insurance

Discussion in 'H4 Indian Ladies' started by kaplan, Jun 24, 2010.

1. kaplan

kaplan New IL'ite

I need some help regarding getting(back) a health insurance for my wife.She had one together with me under Blue cross Blue Shield.But she left to India for 6 months in between.So after 2 months, I removed her from insurance since financially I was not good enough-had debts to pay and was a contractor in my company then.So no benefits like a permanent employee.Now I am in trouble.

So now that she is back, when I tried to add her in the same Insurance company, they rejected saying that since she has not been checked by a Doctor here in the US for 1.5 yrs, they cant give insurance.Why is that? We didnt plan for a baby for 2 yrs, so nothing happened and didnt go see a Dr.When I tried with another company, they too rejected saying that she is underweight(154 cm+90 pounds).She has been in the same weight since her college days.

So how do I move forward?Plz give me suggestions.

2. kaplan

kaplan New IL'ite

Can anyone give some ideas please? .But is there a time limit, that I should have visited a Dr after getting health insurance?

3. vdeepab4u

vdeepab4u Gold IL'ite

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012