1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Health and Marriage

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Tridev, Jun 5, 2010.

1. rastor

rastor New IL'ite

Disagree. Some of us say things because we believe in it and couldn't know less about how it sounds to others. :)

2. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Very well said ,rastor!

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl.Jokes apart.You are right.Change in a positive way is right.I do not know why some people still equate change to "adapting things from west".Can't we/they make a change using our own brains?Don't we know what is good what is bad?

These days it is becoming more of "me" instead of "us".Again a western concept.And we all know it is not so good.Still we choose that because we are very convenient being "me" rather than "us".US would come up as a package(reponsibility,understanding,adjusting..) which is hard to follow.

To top it all, if somebody speaks "being a family", these days in IL they are being mocked at by saying "which world are you from" & "which age are you in".So disintegrity seems to be a modern phenomenon for some which I would say is obtuse.JMO.

3. Malavika81

Malavika81 Bronze IL'ite

Believe as you may, it is still a cliched expression that has been flogged to death for centuries.

And Indian society is not the only one in the world that places emphasis on family and almost every bloody society in the world does. And in lot of those other societies, they don't expect any payback in return. Like 'I fed you and paid for your Uni so in return I get to pick who you marry and I get to run your married life'....some thing along those lines :)

4. rastor

rastor New IL'ite

Yeah I have seen that attitude too, but much less these days. I guess one way or the other the west offers the best alternate model - all the more true if societal fear rather than love or bond drives relationships.