1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

He Who Makes Others Happy Can Never Be Unhappy

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sunkan, Jun 14, 2008.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

Lord Narayana once called His divine sage Narada for a mission. "A worm is just born on earth. Go there and tell my name.” said Lord Narayana.
    The sage went and said, "Om Namo Narayanaya". The worm died. Narada was shocked and reported to Lord Narayana.
    Lord Narayana asked Narada to do the same thing to a just born bird. The new-born bird died immediately after hearing the name.
    Then Lord Narayana asked Narada to tell His name to a calf just born. Narada went and said the same thing and the calf died.

Lord Narayana then said, "There is a baby born to a King just now. Tell my name to the baby.".
    Narada had enough experience of these messages and was afraid to go to palace to communicate and expressed this to the Lord, "Oh! Lord, I have already killed 3 beings by chanting Thy name I do not want to kill other being and get a severe punishment from the King."

Lord Narayana, "Don't worry. Do what I say." Narada, half-convinced, went and said, "Om Namo Narayanaya" to the baby. To his utter surprise, the baby started talking and thanked Narada by explaining, "I was born as a worm, a chick and a calf before and you helped me to progress through these rebirths by saying the Lord's name. I am really grateful to you for being born as a human."

Such is the power of the Nama Japa of the Lord. It is common knowledge that good health and economic security are a "must" for peaceful mind. But having both, many are still in a state of perpetual mental restlessness. The chances are that your troubles are mostly of your own making and therefore avoidable.

Do you interfere in the affairs of others? All human are to act the way they desire because that is will of the God. God is the Real Doer, who never fails. Whatever happens, it happens as the Will of God. If you are questioning the happenings, you are questioning the Will of God, the Wisdom of God, and the Justice of God. Are you wiser or greater than God? Do you question your Boss, where you are working?

God sees things as a whole, whereas man sees things in parts. God sees happenings over the three periods of time, past, present & future. Man sees events only in the present, isolated from the past and the future. That is why man sees discord whereas God sees harmony. Man sees lack of logic where God finds perfect harmony. Face all situations calmly, which is the powerful weapon to overcome difficult situations. Shut your eyes to the so called insults, which are off shoot of others. Be wise & humble in every situation. Be unruffled & develop humility and purity to enrich yourself with Spirituality.

Never cultivate ill feeling for any one. This is worst than anger & is mental cancer, which spreads its wings in the entire body. Forget and forgive, which is the only way to retain your peace.

Aspire only for God's blessings. Attach more importance to moral values, codes of conduct, scriptural teachings, opinion of saints and holy men, where or when you can never go wrong.

Never be jealous or blame others for your misfortune. Change yourself for the better. HAVE TOLERANCE. What cannot be cured has to be endured. Endure cheerfully with a smile.

Be self-reliant. Face responsibilities to the best of your ability. Spend time in prayer, introspection & meditation, which calms the mind & enhances your various other faculties to turn out more output in lesser time. While resting, occupy yourself in healthy reading or Nama Japa. Keep the sources clean as the river of your life will flow as a clean crystal. With Shraddha & Saburi you will grow closer to the God. You cannot win laurels in any field without undergoing tests and tribulations. Never regret, but imbibe the lessons from your past experiences to guide your future actions. Never brood over the past.

Be selfless in serving others without any motive, consideration or expecting anything in return, which will embark a greater peace and permanent happiness. Motiveless service yields pure joy
    Have an enlarge Vision to be on the righteous path. Temptations are on the slippery ground to knock you down. Reduce your wants to become desire less. Faith and Love will be part of your life. Selflessness, Charity, Dispassion & Devotion will be part of your life. Be Sattvic in all your actions and deeds.

Improve the quality of your life by developing or cultivating intense ambition to grow spiritually, to pick up a few threads from the sayings of your Pujya Gurudev. Shed all hypocrisy, which is the sworn enemy of your progress. Live in the present to the best of your ability, discharge your responsibilities and God is there to take care of the results. See God in all. God is love & Love is God Feel unified in spirit with everyone and everything. You are not separate from the rest of creation. Feel happy. Think, talk and walk in a manner befitting to the grandeur of thy inner Being, the God is within you. "All this is unreal. I am Pure Consciousness. I am God."

BROUGHT TO YOU BY SUNKAN

2. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Yes mrs Sunkan,

The hands that offer flowers will have the frangrance in the hand.

Likewise making others happy gives us double the joy.

If we try to throw dirt on them, we first make our hands dirty ....so better to avoid it.

bye

3. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Sunkan,

That was a real nice one...

Though I may not fully agree with the title... Most of the great comedians, who make all of us happy to watch them... Their lives are all tragedy... May be it is a wrong comparison...

Some of the things are easily said than done... It needs lot of mental strength...

Thanks for sharing this...

Veda

4. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sunkan
    A real nice post...............
    Read ing this post I remembered one incident which would love to share with you. I have no much knowledge about spirituality or these horoscopes.
    There is a family who strongly believes in horoscope. The couple is a wonderful couple. They have a son who got married. The girl took some time to adjust in the family and later started to ill treat everyone in the family including her parents in law. The father in law said that there is some dhosha in the horoscope which is making that girl to behave in such a manner and is going on from last 5 to 6 yrs. i have no idea how long this is going to go on. And the family is patiently tolerating all these nuiscance that girl is creating. Once the MIL was not well she almost pushed. You will never get a single sweet word from her mouth, always hurting others. I have just written in brief.
    I remembered this after reading this para

God sees things as a whole, whereas man sees things in parts. God sees happenings over the three periods of time, past, present & future. Man sees events only in the present, isolated from the past and the future. That is why man sees discord whereas God sees harmony. Man sees lack of logic where God finds perfect harmony. Face all situations calmly, which is the powerful weapon to overcome difficult situations. Shut your eyes to the so called insults, which are off shoot of others. Be wise & humble in every situation. Be unruffled & develop humility and purity to enrich yourself with Spirituality.

Sometimes I feel this is real stupidity, but later looking at the other family members I feel these are real great people to tolerate and keep so much of patience. I can only pray for this family all this will end soon for them. As Veda has put up this all needs real mental strength.

5. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

very true veda,
    all these spiritual following comes only after a prolonged exposure to situation beyond your control but once you see things from out side it, helps a lot to understand the karma, may be that is why we say karma and fate more easily than others to bring tolerance in our mind, thanks for commenting here, and making it interesting..sunkan

6. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

yes aruna,
    i am also aware of such a situation in close proximity and wonder at the will of the girl to behave so badly she is not wanted by her family and her in laws and very shrewd and stinging words, one has to only say her karma what else no one will go to a counsellar and i think even he will fail here...

once during my stay in hospital i saw a counselor trying her best to help a lady whose husband left her in a whiff without informing and she is not able to come out of it, she got admitted for suicidal tendencies so this is also karma isnt it..sunkan

7. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Sunkan,
    The points you had discussed here are appreciable...which has to be practiced, practiced and practiced...

sriniketan

8. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

very true srini,
    life does teach us many things and ur a great observer like me, so we do practise as we preach..sunkan