1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

HE Final Episode

Discussion in 'HE - Serial Story' started by varalotti, Mar 7, 2008.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Thanks a lot, Raba. HE was written in a more relaxed manner than SHE. In SHE I wanted to stuff in as many controversies as possible whereas HE sort of wrote itself.
    Everybody here loved Priya-Madhavan love more than Sethu-Saradha's.
    I am now bringing this out as full fledged Tamil Novel. I have sent the CD to my publisher and it is likely to see the light of the day by May, June 2010.
    thanks for the nice words, Raba.
    sridhar uncle

2. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Wow! Another master piece from you sir. My heart goes to Priya. But I felt the end was a bit cinematic (Priya in her mental state able to understand swamiji). Sorry if I said something wrong sir. Otherwise this was just brilliant like any other story of yours sir. Thanks a lot for the wonderful work you are doing and making us all happy.

3. varalotti

Thanks a lot, ice. That might look a little cinematic. But a strong spiritual presence makes persons like Priya respond to it.
    You have not said anything wrong. But such things do happen.
    thanks for the time given in reading the whole story.
    sridhar

4. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sridar Sir,

I must say that it was a blessing to have the oppurtunity to read HE. Amazingly written. Your detailed and profound narration, powerful characterisations, the emotional turmoil that was woven in the story...each and every single episode was just brilliant. I had tears welled up in my eyes in most of the scenes but the following sentences just broke me up...

“Let’s just pray. Let’s not pray for this or that. God is who is infinite love knows our needs better than us.”

I was just enlightened with these mere words. How true those words are. How insightful the meaning they hold. All my life, I too, have been like the five lovely characters you created. Treating God like the bearer in the restaurant and seeking only what I want. What I forgot is that God knows what I want and what I need more than I will ever do. You have no idea how vital is the message you've conveyed to me today through your writings, sir. And I have no idea how to thank you enough for this :)
    Thank you so much.

P.S: Please count me in the countless lists of your fans. When I first started to read HE, I assumed that you'll bring us to a world of a male version of Shalini of SHE. But you surprised me by taking me to a whole new world though this story. Personally, I enjoyed HE more than SHE. SHE gave me a glimpse of a woman's life but HE gave me more than that. I just couldn't find the right word for it though.

5. varalotti

Hi Sofea,
    You floored me with your compliments. It was only from this novel did I start mixing spirituality with story-telling. when you have time read the other serials ( A Love Story, Love All here in the Forums; I Love You, Love Love Love and The Love Song in the Blogs)

Well to be frank when I wrote this serial I was happy. Not that all my problems were solved. But I knew what the problems were. And that they could not touch my heart unless I let them do so.

Soon after I finished the serial I translated this into Tamil and it came out as a full fledged novel, Oru Iniya Udayam.

You will not just be my fan, Sofea. You will be my friend. Thanks for the beautiful words which made my day.
    sridhar

6. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sir,

I just feel previlaged to have read HE.... a masterpiece!! I loved the way the story flowed like a river, there were twists and turns, but there was something very soothing about it. It was like a sugar-coated pill, strong spirtuality and love conveyed in the sweetest form.

The end, though very dramatic, seems just the perfectly natural thing.... guess i am a romantic at heart:hide:

I was so elated to see that saradha did not suffer a broken heart, rather became an embodiment of pure love, that would spread the message of love and kindness. I loved the way you ended it sir, with the ray of hope shining brightly for all of them!! hats off to you sir:hatsoff:hatsoff:hatsoff

7. varalotti

Dear Akila,
    I loved writing the story. In fact I immediately made into a large tamil novel.ஒரு இனிய உதயம் which was published two years ago.
    It was from this story only did my writings take a spiritual turn. All stories that came after this (You should read A Love Story and Love All - they are all in Saturdays With Varalotti) were even more spiritual.

Some how I find in Madhavan a good man baffled and bedazzled my the happenings in the corporate world. And the only way to reform him was to take him off the materialistic world and plant him in the spiritual world.

thanks for the time invested in reading the long story, Akila.
    sridhar

8. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,

I just finished reading HE. Its very nice. I specially liked the ending where you didnt show Priya being miraculously cured or Madhavan instantly refusing anything to do with Sharada, which is typical of in many stories.

There are many kinds of love and devotion is sure one of them.

However, I have one doubt. Even though my mother-in-law is from Chennai, I never had the opportunity to spend extended period of time in Tamil Nadu. Now, in HE as well as in SHE, you have written quite a lot of ashrams and gurus. You have also written about really good people like Nalini who do not think twice to help near-stranger like Sharada when in need. I dont remember the characters name in SHE anymore but the lead role Shalini giving refuge to one of the girls whom she accidentally hit in her car....all these makes me wonder if there are people like that anymore.

You see, we all live in a mechanical world. Are there people like that? Are there places in Tamil nadu where there are ashrams which will really cater to the emotional needs to likes of Madhavan? Is this true or is this a figment of your imagination?

I mus confess, a really great story Sri.

9. varalotti

Dear Rakhii,
    thanks a lot for the time invested in reading HE. I was struggling to end the story and extended it for four weeks before I could think of this ending.

About such good people, they do exist Rakhii, though they are becoming rarer by the day. My effort in focusing on them is just to give more hopes to the world that's suffering from a great shortage of love and good people.

My suggestion is that instead of searching for one, let's be one. And we will find many.

Remember the poetic lines,
    I went out to seek a friend, but didn't find any.
    I went out to be a friend and I found many.

thanks once again,
    sridhar

10. devapriya

devapriya IL Hall of Fame

ஸ்ரீ,
    மீண்டும் ஒரு நல்ல கதை படித்த நிறைவு!:)
    "அவளை" விட இந்த "அவன்" எனக்கு மிகவும் பிடித்தது! கதையோட்டம் அருமை! கொஞ்சம் சினிமாத்தனம் தெரிவது என்னவோ உண்மை தான்! ஆனால் கதைகள் எல்லாமே எதார்த்தமாய் இருந்துவிட்டால் அதன் மேல் உள்ள பிடிப்பும் விரைவில் நீங்கிவிடுமே! கொஞ்சமே கொஞ்சம் கற்பனையும் கலந்து வந்தால் தான் கதைக்கும் கவிதைக்கும் சுவை!
    ஆக சுகமாய் சுவைத்தேன் உங்கள் கதைத் துளியினை!:thumbsup:thumbsup

நன்றி!