1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

HE - Episode 9

Discussion in 'HE - Serial Story' started by varalotti, Jan 4, 2008.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Indhu,

I know HE 9 was heavy. But I never thought it would be so heavy to make you write your fb in bright, bold, black letters. Well, at one point of time any story has to be heavy.

Destiny at times is all powerful. Thiruvalluvar who said that great persons will drive Destiny away (uzhaiyum uppakkam kaanbar) also said, that there is nothing which is more powerful than Destiny.

Thanks for the prayer. I also have a similar prayer.

But it is better to face the is than living in would have beens. Would have beens is a fool's paradise. It's sheer happiness to live in the fools paradise until the rent becomes due.
    I accept 50% of what you have said, Madam. It's atrocious, no doubt, especially what the Vulture did. But it is not incredible.
    Thanks, Indhu for quoting these words. I am happy that you loved these words.
    Love,

Affly ,
    Indhu . [/quote]

2. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

Hello Sridhar,

More than the story, I lliked all the quotes strewn here and there.
    the quote on this cannot happen to my .............
    the one on good and evil
    & "the would've beens" and "is" - all too appropriate.

we normally think the function of wisdom is to discriminate between good and evil but at times, we all forget to accept the fact that we are JUST humans.

wonderful narration and sequence of evil. the vulture sitting firm and working on the plots makes interesting reading.

Sad to see Madhavan and Priya get entangled into such a horrid situation. when we calmly look at the sadness that we/our friends and family have experienced, we do realise how we overlook things, sometimes take it for granted and attend to the situation when it gets really serious and gets out of hand. sometimes it's just destiny, fate, ....whatever wisdom that we acquire over all these years doesn't seem to come handy at times. Maybe hard cold wisdom minus emotions could help.

now that the battle has started, look forward to see how the truth (good) comes out the winner - but what hurts me more is when evil plays the score is more wins and then finally loose but with the good it is more of loss and a final win, not to forget the casualty.

I do accept the fact that we are just humans and everyone's subject to change & etc. but all the love that M & P shared over the years won't that save them from this situation??? a clue - somewhere, sometime, how can P keep things to herself, when she her feelings can show as tears, why can't she just open up and have a fight, just one word. what about the inner voice / intuitions /telepathy that connects two people in love - somewhere deep down - how can everything go dead suddenly.

probably, that's the reason you brought in the lady lawyer to distract M.

See how your stories gets into our system, Sridhar. I'm sure all ladies here must be wondering how to get over a situation like this and pull out P fm the hands of evil.
    BTW, normally villains of our movies look more attractive than heroes, so howz our evil villain - if he's good at distracting women like P, then he must be a good, handsome guy. You shld've described him toooo, Sridhar.

forget the war between good Vs evil, this episode has won many hearts and by that, you stand a sure winner.

Regards,

3. varalotti

Hello Meena,

that fb of yours is a writer's dream. We writers burn our midnight oil only to get fbs like that. So a big thanks at the outset.

Very true, Meena. This not only affects human beings, but even Gods. You take the case of Sita in Ramayana. Ravana like the vulture had plotted to abduct her. She has sent Mareechan in the guise of a golden deer. Sita longs for that deer. Rama advises her that the deer was quite unusual in those sides. So it is better that they keep away from it. Sita is adamant. She had relinquished a whole kingom and had walked to the forest with her husband. But she could not relinquish her desire for that deer. Why? Weakness? Her bad time? Possible.
    Rama then makes Lakshman to stand as guard for Sita and goes behind the deer. Rama ultimately shoots an arrow and the deer falls. Mareechan, born villain, having ten times more evil in him than the Vulture, cries, "Hey Sita, Hey Lakshman" and that too in Rama's voice. Sita is Mahalakshmi Herself. Of all the persons she knows her husband's prowess. So when she hears this voice, she could have just dismissed it as fake. Instead she gets concerned and asks Lakhsman to go to look for Rama. At least she could have listened to Lakshman which she didn't do.
    Lakhshman in his wisdom drew a line and told her not to cross it at any cost. She violated even this simple direction. And she invited disaster. Even Sita was a puppet in the hands of destiny. She loved her husband with all her heart and soul. Then why didn't she believe in her husband's wisdom (when hetold her that the deer was unusual and hence dangerous) and his prowess (when she heard Mareechan calling in Ram's voice)? It is not just the Vulture was plotting something but that the Destiny had decided something and we are powerless before that.

Good observation, Meena. You know what Thiruvalluvar had to say? If you are going through good times, then Fate wil see to it that your wisdom and intelligence expands. And if your times are bad, Fate will ensure that your wisdom shrinks. I am not a fatalist. But we should not ignore the presence of the Third Factor in all our deeds and actions.

Again a pertinent question. But if things like that happen to Ram and Sita, why not to the poor Priya and Madhavan?

Agreed, this episode is all about evil and tragedy. But once you read this and the story goes into your system, it will help you some way or other. That's the reason why people say Shakespeare's tragedies are far deeper than his comedies.

I thought about it. But I did not have the heart to describe such a heartless bastard. Let him remain nameless and formless throughout the story.

Thanks a ton, Meena. To me these words are the Sahithya Academy Award. I cherish them.
    regards,

4. Vidya Arun

Vidya Arun Senior IL'ite

Sridharji

I printed all the 9 parts and read it all in one shot. HE is really gripping so far and i really loved the narration. I am a classical dancer too and conduct classes here in the US in the time i get away from my work. So i can really understand the mindset of Sharadha. Its too touching, the relationship between her and Sethu. Sethu is one good of a person whom everyone would love to have closer to them. Very idealistic, right?....

On the other hand, Madhavan, what a person..His love for his wife and the way he tries to protect her is all very well written and enjoyable to read.

Really loved the story so far and waiting for the next.. Thanks for all your time.

Vidya

5. varalotti

Dear Vidya,

Thanks. And welcome aboard HE. It is nice of you to have read all the 9 episodes in one go.

Happy to know that you are a classical dancer. And happier still to know that apart from being a housewife and a dancer, you also work. Really multidimensional.

Many of my friends, acquaintances and relatives are dancers. Recently my niece's arangetram happened in Chennai. Urmila Sathyanarayana is her teacher. I have been observing all these people to mould Sharada's character. Your statement just shows that my observation is not that wrong.

I am happy that you enjoyed the story. Stay tuned. Tonight or tomorrow morning I will be uploading the 10th episode.
    Thanks once again,
    regards,

6. varalotti

Re: HE - Episode 10

Most Gracious ILites,

In a few seconds from now I will be uploading HE 10. There are two ways of making Adais. One is the poper-sized Adai. The other is a mini-adai which is easy to make, crispier and gives the person who eats, almost an unlimited flexibility.

Somehow I should have been pre-occupied with mini-Adai's when I penned HE 10. It is built up of a number of small scenes.

I am also aware that these jokes cannot in any way distract you from the tragic path, the story is taking.

Love,

7. Vidya Arun

Vidya Arun Senior IL'ite

Sridharji

Waiting and Waiting..Its lunch time for us here at 11.00 and hope i can catch up with the story before i finish lunch.

Vidya

8. Vidya Arun

Vidya Arun Senior IL'ite

Thanks for your nice words Sridharji. I learnt from Mrs.Gowri Ammal in Kalashetra. Work here is so hectic that i manage to find sometime to keep up with fine arts. Well if with all your blessings i would love to be multi dimensional. Yes Urmila is a good dancer. I have seen her performances a couple of times. Some of her postures are really classy.

I will taste the little adai's and post my feedback..

Vidya

9. vase

vase Senior IL'ite

Re: Part 7!

That's exactly I too felt. The way Madhavan's and Priya's roles were depicted in the beginning, it does not soudn too real to read that they are so naive to be blackmailed by a "vulture"... it is going more on the lines of the serials shown in TV channels....

10. varalotti

Re: Part 7!

Dear Vase,

Thanks for the fb. And thanks even more for joining us aboard at HE.
    I will have to state that reality is much stranger than fiction. I have seen villainy destroying even stronger families and marriages. I have never said that Madhavan and Priya have started hating each other. Or that one is plotting against the other. Even now each acts only for the good of other. Madhavan wants to send Priya for a month's vacation only for her good. And Priya wants Madhavan to consult a psychiatrist, because he is too stressed up. With his manipulated video and master planning, the Vulture is able to convince Priya about all these things.

It is something difficult to believe. But I don't think it is impossible to happen.

The love between Rama and Sita (as portrayed by Kambar and Valimiki) was a hundred times more than that of Priya and Madhavan. Ram and Sita were a divine couple. In spite of that Sita falls for a cheap trick of Mareecha. I have described that scene in one of the fbs.

And Vase, I honestly think it is slightly unfair to characterise HE along with the television serials, simply because it is difficult to believe that Vulture could blackmail such a couple. In fact I would say that your inability to believe that shows that you have a soft, loving heart.

Thanks again for the fb.
    regards,